Kurzweil PC3K8 Instrument Definition

Hi there,

I have been struggling to implement a MIDI instrument definition for the PC3K8, but there really doesn’t seem to be an elegant way to marry the instrument with Cubase; attempting to setup the PC3K8 as an “External Instrument” allows the mixdown function to work properly (without having to go through so much extra work to record audio tracks manually from the midi tracks before using the audio mixdown function), but this also means you can’t use more than one track for the whole 16 channel instrument! I’d hope such an iconic keyboard would be easier to support in Cubase.

Anyone else using this combination and have any recommendations or instrument definitions that might help?

Thanks in advance!

I second that emotion.

Me too!
I have just upgraded from 7.5 to 10.5 and my Kurzweil PC3K8 which was visible as a MIDI instrument in 7.5 though an Kurzweil.xml file I called from within Cubase has not only disappeared but I can’t install the same file in Cubase 10.5…Anybody?

I sorted this issue with the xml file… Goto:

Studio/More Options/MIDI Device Manager…/Import Setup and install the xml file (after unzipping) I have just uploaded to my server here:
https://sebmorgan.com/kurzweil/kurzweil_PC3K8.xml.zip

Hope it helps!

1 Like