How to save Multi-Track Presets?

So I read in the manual that its possible to save Multi-track presets: Multi-Track Presets

I’m trying to save a multi-channel VST instrument track and its associated midi tracks as a single reloadable preset. So for example I’m loading an Vienna Ensemble pro instance, and want its 16 separate midi channels routed to VE Pro to be saved for recall in multiple projects. So I have my instrument track loaded with VE pro & have my midi tracks named (i.e. Vln 1 Legato, Vln 1 Sus, etc) & pointing to the differnet midi channels of this instrument. I select the last midi track, and shift click up to the instrument track, and with everything selected I hit the “save/load preset” button in the inspector & save my preset. I then delete everything, load a new instrument track and load the preset I just saved, but only the instrument track is being reloaded, not any of the midi tracks! What step am I missing?

Hi,

you can save multi-track presets only for Audio Channels, FX, Groups and MIDI. You cannot do so once one of the track is an Instrument Track.

Incredibly limited feature. Is there any reason for such restricted options?
It’s actually far better to have a project saved with all your track templates and use Import from Project. You can import everything that way, including folders.
I would say the only use for the media presets section is instruments with all the settings ready.

1 Like

Instead of importing tracks from a huge “master project” you also could use the function “export a marked group of multiple tracks to track archives” and then import this little chunk when needed in other projects.
Or am I wrong?

@TomTom74

Sadly, you are partially wrong : added recent details here:neutral_face:

What a bummer!