Average Audio Performance Maxed with No Disk Problems

I’ve run into a bit of an issue with Cubase 8.5 Pro recently.

I just finished recording some guitar and started editing audio. Superior Drummer 3 was running the whole time and everything was fine. I have two DI tracks that I was reamping with LePou IR’s and cab sims when I started running into the issue.

For whatever reason I’ve been getting HUGE spikes in average audio performance and real-time peak with absolutely no disk usage or very little. The song I’m working on has 15 audio tracks (some very small), SD3, a reverb bus that I was experimenting with (and have now turned off), and a bass MIDI. I’m at a loss for what to do. I’ve increased my ASIO buffer size to 2048, tried turning multi-processing and ASIO Guard on/off, and generally cleaned up my PC.

The image in the below linkshows what my station looks like with VST Performance up. The first bars are the project with no inserts. The second is once I added the LePou cab sim.

I’m just very confused because before upgrading to 8.5P I used Cubase 5 on the same laptop and recorded, mixed, and mastered much larger tracks and never ran into this issue.

Any ideas would be very helpful. This happens when I use ASIO4ALL and my Scarlett Focusrite drivers.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2cIkInpNWb5N3pVYzRZX2ZCX1E

My CPU is:

Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5GHz
16 GB RAM
64Bit

EDIT: I misunderstood some things and I think I AM having real-time peak issues so I’m looking at the video that chimpspanner posted and is pinned to see if it affects anything!