No sound during pre-count

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
woodshedder

No sound during pre-count

Post by woodshedder » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:45 pm

:evil:

I apologize if this is one of those silly settings that is probably right under my nose, but it is late and this is driving me crazy (plus I am coming from a Logic 8-9 era backround).

When I hit *Record* there is only the metronome beeps during pre-count. No playback from the other tracks, that I would desparatly need to monitor. Playback only kicks in where the cursor is set when I hit record. This kind of defeats the purpose of a count in if I can't jam along with the existing tracks!

-Tom-
Gear: MacPro (mid2010) 3,33ghz 6-core | Osx10.10.5 | Cubase 8.5.10 | NI Komplete 10 | Motu 828mk3 firewire | SSL X-Desk | Fractal Audio Systems Axe Fx 2 | Kurzweil PC3x | Korg m3 | NI Kontrol S61

Martin.Jirsak
Grand Master

Re: No sound during pre-count

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:02 am

Hi,

Yes, this is Cubase behaviour. Only the Metronome sound is audible during the Pre-count. If you want to here the signal, just move your Cursor few bars ahead. Then you can use Punch-In to jump in to Record at the place you need to.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

woodshedder

Post by woodshedder » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks Martin!

Oh boy, the things you miss when switching DAW's.. I ended up recording so that I always have the left locator point set up 2 (or more) bars before the new take/overdub is supposed to kick in. This makes me question the purpose of having a pre-count :) Hope they do something about it in the future!
Thanks again and cheers!
Gear: MacPro (mid2010) 3,33ghz 6-core | Osx10.10.5 | Cubase 8.5.10 | NI Komplete 10 | Motu 828mk3 firewire | SSL X-Desk | Fractal Audio Systems Axe Fx 2 | Kurzweil PC3x | Korg m3 | NI Kontrol S61

Martin.Jirsak
Grand Master

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm

I would say it's a nice topic to the Feature Request forum here.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

Return to “General”