Missing tools in the Audio Part Editor

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
TavernSenses

Missing tools in the Audio Part Editor

Post by TavernSenses » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:57 pm

In the toolbox of the Audio Part Editor there is no scissors, mute, or eraser button. How can they be made to appear?

ADDED: it appears I'm opening the Sample Editor. In the Audio menu, "Audio Part Editor" is greyed out. It's not available. How come?
DAW: Cubase Elements 9.5, Libraries: EastWest Symphonic Gold keyboard: StudioLogic NumaCompact2, PC: 6 cores AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor, 16 GB RAM, X370 MSI motherboard, OS: Windows 10, audio hardware: no separate sound card, pair of Logitec PC speakers / subwoofer + headphones (both with 3.5mm stereo plug)

svennilenni

Re: Missing tools in the Audio Part Editor

Post by svennilenni » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:33 pm

TavernSenses wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:57 pm
ADDED: it appears I'm opening the Sample Editor. In the Audio menu, "Audio Part Editor" is greyed out. It's not available. How come?
Because you quite obviously don' t click on an audio part, but an event. Start reading the manual and you'll learn a lot of useful things...

TavernSenses

Post by TavernSenses » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm

svennilenni wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:33 pm
TavernSenses wrote:
Because you quite obviously don' t click on an audio part, but an event. Start reading the manual and you'll learn a lot of useful things...
You may or may not have noticed that the manual is quite good at naming things, but not at explaining things. I like to think that this forum fills the void.
DAW: Cubase Elements 9.5, Libraries: EastWest Symphonic Gold keyboard: StudioLogic NumaCompact2, PC: 6 cores AMD Ryzen 5 1600 processor, 16 GB RAM, X370 MSI motherboard, OS: Windows 10, audio hardware: no separate sound card, pair of Logitec PC speakers / subwoofer + headphones (both with 3.5mm stereo plug)

Stephen57

Post by Stephen57 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 pm

TavernSenses wrote:
In the toolbox of the Audio Part Editor there is no scissors, mute, or eraser button. How can they be made to appear?

This part of Cubase is a bit tricky. Watch a few videos on youtube. The tools are there, but when they show up and how to use them will take a little practice. Be patient and the system will fall into place.
-------------------------------------------------------
DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30; PC: HP Z230, i5 CPU quad-core 3.5 Ghz, 16 Gigs RAM; OS: Win 7 Pro 64-bit; Audio Converter, Scarlett 2I4; USB MIDI Controller, Akai Advance 49. VST Instruments: Steinberg: HSSE, Retrologue 2, Groove Agent SE, Padshop, Mystic, Prologue, Spector; Air Music: Hybrid, Transfuser 2, Vacuum Pro, Velvet, Xpand2; Novation: Bass Station; Sonovox Grand Piano; Rack: Proteus 2000, Korg 03R/W, Yamaha TG 33. Monitoring with KRK Rokit 8/G3.

Help with Cubase:
Documentation: https://steinberg.help/
Generic Remote setups: viewtopic.php?f=226&t=102993
Location/file paths of presets in Cubase and Nuendo: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... nd-Nuendo-
Preferences: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Return to “General”