Where is GEQ-30 file located? (API 560 inspired?)

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
TheBaker

Where is GEQ-30 file located? (API 560 inspired?)

Post by TheBaker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:03 am

Hi, I've been searching all over for the .dll or vst3 for this but for some reason it just doesn't show up and alot of the other stock plugins do, Is it deliberately hidden or something?

And on a side note, given the EQ frequency points it appears to be inspired by the API 560, does anyone know which of the curves are closest to it? I was looking for the file to load in VST analyzer and compare to other API 560 emu's but like I say I can't seem to locate the file.

Any info on either points?

Thanks. :)

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Where is GEQ-30 file located? (API 560 inspired?)

Post by Romantique Tp » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 am

The frequencies are ISO standard, most graphic EQs use these same frequencies. GED can have an analog-like response, but it's not directly based on a hardware unit.

This plugin can only be loaded by Cubase. None of the stock VST3 effects are loose files that can be loaded by an analyzer.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “General”