Moving to another octave in VST

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
skumar978

Moving to another octave in VST

Post by skumar978 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 pm

I have a MIIDI track of flute. but the particular VST for flute does not have MIDI signals in a higher octave so I recorded in a lower ocatave. Now I need to move it to the nex or a highert octave. How can I do this in Cubase 9? I heard that once I convet the track to wave, I can do this. But is it possible to convert a single track to wave? If yes, what is the option and how can I move to next Octave?

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Moving to another octave in VST

Post by raino » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Open the MIDI Part in the Key Editor. Select all the notes. Drag them up an octave.

FYI you want to change the octave in MIDI where you are telling the VSTi to play higher ratther than after it becomes audio. While you can pitch shift audio it will produce artifacts which become more pronounced as you increase the amount of shift.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.30, Win7 Home Premium 64bit (downgraded after disastrous Win10 upgrade), Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Return to “General”