List of VSTs used in old project

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
NotQuiteMozart

List of VSTs used in old project

Post by NotQuiteMozart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:27 am

Hi,
I upgraded some VST libraries (Native Instrument Symphony Essentials -> Full Symphony version). I have a project which used the "essentials" versions but I uninstalled them so they're now missing in Cubase. Is there a way that I can see which VSTs I used originally (without reinstalling them!). Should be simple then to select the new versions.

Thanks!

airflamesred

Re: List of VSTs used in old project

Post by airflamesred » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:23 pm

You must surely know the articulations used, now deleted?
Koby drums, Triggera Krigg, Bix, megadrum, Kontakt. samples from All and Sundry.

NotQuiteMozart

Post by NotQuiteMozart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm

The tracks weren't named and I can't see any indication of which libraries I used on each track. Hopeful I can get this from somewhere.
Sounds like I'm missing a basic Cubase concept?

airflamesred

Post by airflamesred » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:18 pm

Sounds to me like you're missing a basic compositional concept.
Koby drums, Triggera Krigg, Bix, megadrum, Kontakt. samples from All and Sundry.

NotQuiteMozart

Post by NotQuiteMozart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi,
When you say I must know the articulations used, could you please elaborate? i hope I'm not misunderstanding, apologies if so, but it does sound like you're saying the solution to my not remembering what libraries I used is to "remember which libraries you used"?

I don't use Cubase very often, I am not even a passable musician. I would however like to replace some things that have gone missing.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

airflamesred

Post by airflamesred » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Maybe it's me not understanding.
Cubase will remember the path to the now deleted VST though not what it was, strings, brass or whatever. You'll need to redo that manually.
I would make a habit of naming tracks and parts and make notes in the notepad if I were you.

NotQuiteMozart

Post by NotQuiteMozart » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Thanks - do you know how I can get that path to the original library (or any of that original info that may help me track it down)? When I load the project now, I get an error "Loading instruments failed, as their libraries are not installed on this computer.". The Kontakt instance for each track is now empty as a result.

I have a mix of the original result but I can't quite work out which Cello/Violin/whatever I used and I can't get it to sound quite the same.

And I will DEFINITELY be naming my tracks from now on!

Thanks.

airflamesred

Post by airflamesred » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm not sure what else I can help you with Sir, you'll need to migrate to the upgraded instruments.
The only possible way around were if you could d/l the original files from NI.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 pm

Pretty sure you are not going to get the info you hoped for. Going forward, definitely use the notepad as much as possible and save the sound as a user preference (yes for every track/project that you make a complicated sound for). Then make sure you backup those preferences.

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.50, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “General”