Can't find reverence impulse file when loading Bassamp SOLVE

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
DaveAbbott

Can't find reverence impulse file when loading Bassamp SOLVE

Post by DaveAbbott » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:22 am

Hi All

Wonder if any of you have had this. I loaded Cubase 8, all working nicely, VERY nicely actually, however when I try load the new bass amp it gives a message "can't find FCP_S,,,,,etc" (an impulse file)but I have checked and the file IS where it's supposed to be in the users.....roaming,, Steinberg,,,content (I shortened this btw) and it is the right file, there is no option to locate the file either, any ideas??

Best Regards

Dave
Last edited by DaveAbbott on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Abbott
Entertainer | Musician | Producer
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)
Korg Taktile 49 Controller Steinberg CC121 Controller

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

andreasm
Steinberg Employee

Re: Can't find reverence impulse file when loading bassamp

Post by andreasm » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi Dave,

the VST Bass Amp actually needs two files:

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

please check, if both are there in your AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound\
folder. If not, please reinstall.
Andreas Mazurkiewicz, Technical Lead Plug-in Set
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi Andreas

The two files are definitely both there, what would you suggest I do?

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
cricket@iafrica.com

Computer i7 3 Ghz CPU, Intel Mobo, DX58SO, 12Gig DDR1600 RAM, System Drive 64 Gig SSD + 480 Gig SSD sample drive + 3 x 1TB recording and sample drives.
Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, Cubase 10 Pro, Wavelab 9.5, NI Komplete Ultimate, UAD, Waves, and various other plugs
Interface: Steinberg UR824 with Focusrite ISA One, Focusrite Octopre, Cubase Elements 8.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on spare machine. Cubase Elements 9.5 with Focusrite 18i8 on Stage Laptop (Dell 6430 i7 with 8gig RAM)

Rule 1: Have Fun! Rule 2: It's Not Serious! Rule 3: When in doubt refer to Rule 1!!

andreasm
Steinberg Employee

Post by andreasm » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Hm, maybe then it's an user rights management issue. I don't know. I advise you to contact the support directly.
Andreas Mazurkiewicz, Technical Lead Plug-in Set
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Felipe Garcia

Post by Felipe Garcia » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:23 pm

"Roaming" is not the appropriate folder for the content files as it can only be accessed by processes with the current user permissions. You can solve the issue by performing a reinstallation. During the installation, you will see the list of components to be installed/ reinstalled. Check the box to activate the option "Install for anyone who uses on this computer". The content will be stored on C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\...
The path to the above mentioned files on my system is --> C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

I hope this will help.
Joaquin Felipe Garcia, Senior Support Representative
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud and Google+!

DaveAbbott

Post by DaveAbbott » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:22 am

Hi Felipe

Thanks for the suggestion, do you mean a complete reinstall of Cubase 8 or just the VST Bassamp installer

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
cricket@iafrica.com

mikemandt

Post by mikemandt » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:39 pm

I am having the same exact issue....

would someone please tell us if we have to reinstall everything and all my plugins or if i just select the bassamp installer somehow

DaveAbbott

Re: Can't find reverence impulse file when loading Bassamp S

Post by DaveAbbott » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi All

Just spent two separate team viewer sessions with Luis Dongo trying to sort this out (well done Steinberg) and finally on the third one we find that I just needed to do maintainence on my eLicencer. So if you have this problem it's likely that this is all it is. It's probably worth everyone doing a routine maintenance on their eLicencer anyway.

Best Regards

Dave
Dave Abbott
cricket@iafrica.com

Return to “General”