GUI Issue - Tabs won't expand

This issue’s been causing me grief and I can confirm that this workaround does indeed work. Thanks Luis! It was driving me nuts! :wink:

Well, I can’t believe this,

but installing the newest version of eLicenser actualy solved my problem.

I did the restart and am absolutely overjoyed that this incredibly worrisome and frustrating thing is over. Go tell it on the mountain for others who are in that boat eh? Just a side note, and not to picky but there are still issues with sluggish metering. Still, I can get back to work now. Nice to meet some of you all, and hope that this year becomes and remains bug free for us all. Here’s to making good music! Regards, JACsongs_1 :smiley:

Even if it seems like a Windows problem, I have similar problem on OS X Yosemite.

Sometimes, when on the Visibility tab, switching to the Inspector tab crashes Cubase.

The workaround I’ve found is to switche to another workspace, switch tab and return to the first workspace.

Which OS does this apply to? Win8?
I recently read about this not-truly-power-down thing in Win8, but I don’t know for sure: I’d think before Win8, the normal power down and restart should work (not standby or hibernate).

I am wondering if this is also related to the metering issue? Good to know someone’s working on it.
Thanks for the info.

Hello,

as far as I know, this is not an issue on Win7, but only on 8 and 8.1. It doesn’t happen on OS X either.

As for your second question, I don’t believe this is related to the “metering issue”. For what I’ve read from other users with that issue (which I couldn’t reproduce on my system), updating the graphic card drivers has helped most of them.

Regards

Hello dkalna,
I saw your picture attached, is it Cubase 8 and is it possible to restore previous gui from Cubase 7 ?
Thank you !

Hum… I’m on a Mac (Custom Mac) with nVidia GT650 – anything related to that component maybe ? Not glad to see you’re having this problem, but glad to see I’m not alone. And get it right: this is happening to me on OSX 10.8.5 (not Windows). I’m new to Cubase so I can’t compare with previous versions.

Will follow on any solution that may arise.

Already can tell : restarting PC did not solve problem. As for eLicencer: I have the very latest one.

False: I do have this issue on OSX 10.8.5 (now you know :slight_smile:
As for the metering issue, I have had this one as well, but for this one, indeed, restarting the pC solved the issue.

I’ve had the tab issues which was resolved by restarting my mac. The meters are still sluggish.

Mac Mini with Cubase 8.0.10 on latest Yosemite

I have experienced this issue a couple of times on Win 8.1 and posted about it in few threads and even told support about it. In my case restarting or trashing preferences did NOT work. Instead, I have noticed that every time this happens there are some new Windows updates waiting to be installed. Install them and the problem goes away. Unfortunately the issue seems to reappear when new updates are available.

More issues and more issues! I recommend you just switching your DAW like most people… Either that or stay dealing with one problem after the next more than actually using the program.

hi onemidi :slight_smile:

Considering the fact that you received excellent help and Support on some of your Major issues here… wouldn’t it be fair to remove - or edit your last post here? :slight_smile:

Hth, Ernst

Restart you computer… And then fine it works! What is exactly the problem here? Do you guys let your computer open all week long??? Its a good idea to refresh at least twice a day…

While we’re on the subject of GUI how do I turn of the context sensitive menu thing that just pops up out of nowhere asking me if I want to show or hide stuff.
It’s awful and been annoying me ALL day!

Actually turning off your computer and then on again could help only in case that you have the feature “fast startup” turn off in your Windows (since Windows 8). This “fast startup” actually hibernates your computer after logging you out, leading to boosted system startup speed.

Under windows 10 the drivers gets saved/loaded and not the apps with a power down/up
A better way of hibernate so to speak.
A reboot reloads everything, and does not use any boot time acceleration

Problem solved?

Since this bug is common with Cubase/Windows the moderator should post the fix in the Anouncements. It would save people a lot of grief.