Insert plugins don't always load

Here’s the most recent acknowledgement

this is still an issue with cubase 9.5!
i raised a ticket but I guess it will be ignored…

That’s a Windows issue, Steinberg can’t do anything about it besides tell you to stop using every single VST effect plugin you own in every project.

If this is the case, then the issue needs to be documented officially I think.

Here’s a current test with 9.5, including UAD plugins and native:

I have the same problem!!

Is there a solution??

I don’t want to switch DAW but…! :frowning:((

I have the same Issue … Running Cubase 9.5.10
CPU: i7-5920k
MB: <MSI X99a
Ram:32 Gigs
HD:512 SSD

This is keeping me back from working properly

Same problem here with UAD plugins and Cubase 9.5.10 on Windows 10. Steinberg should try and fix this!

Actually, might be an Windows issue, but that’s the platform Steinberg delivers its product for- and this does not work properly. Seems I have a strange restriction than on the number of plugins I’m using - that’s not acceptable. So I have to go with a different product after all theses years with Cubase. Damn.

All DAWs will suffer the same restriction…if they use less dll for internal components they may allow more plugs, but a limit is still there.

I also have the disappearing plugin issue here. Cubase 8.5, Win 10.

It has literally ruined a project I’ve been working on. A project with 80% of plugins not loading is a worthless project. FFS.

The issue here is a limit on plugin slots due to Windows restriction…typically this shows as plugins failing to load at a certain point. It can happen that your DAW has less available slots on reopening but it’s only likely to be a few missing plugins.

If 80% of plugs that you managed to load into a project are gone on reopening it sounds like you have something different going on.

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure the Window’s restriction explains it for me. It’s on one particular project and if I remove all other inserts, I still can’t open certain ones. I might try 9.5 and see how it goes.

It would be interesting to see if there is the issue with 9.5 considering they increased the number of insert slots!

There’s a new tool to monitor the available slots:

Great - thanks for sharing the link, looks very useful!

how has Steinberg not come back to anyone on this yet? I’ve just bought 8.5 and installed today and i’m getting it on my first project. I bought 8.5 in the first place to stop any nonsense like this happening.

Both Cubase 9.5 and future Cubase versions mitigate this issue. Cubase 9.5 already allows you to load a fair bit more different plugins than Cubase 8.5.

I’m not sure what you were expecting from buying an older version. It’s of course not going to have the latest fixes and performance improvements.

I’m having this issue as well on Windows 7 and I have the latest Cubase Pro version installed (10.20.)

I do not have ANY UAD plugins on my system. It’s extremely frustrating! I may be using a lot of plugins in this project, HOWEVER, I am using the SAME plugins over and over and am not using more than 20 unique plugins in the entire project. So this issue is not isolated to having over 140 UNIQUE plugins. It has to have something to do with the total number of plugins being used. Either that or Cubase doesn’t actually allow you to use more than 20 or so unique plugins.

I’ve been on Win 7 until last year (obviously up to Cubase 9 only). Apart from the FLS slot thing the only other limit was CPU/DSP.

Installed the latest Win 10 update this week that lifts the FLS slot limit and now have to train myself to get rid of the paranoid limitations I’ve conditioned myself to use :slight_smile: Don’t think that Win 7 will see that feature.

However that won’t help you. Try Takashi’s FLS checker (http://planetnine.jp/wp/2018/03/25/fls-checker/) to see if it’s an FLS problem at all or something else. In case of FLS slot troubles, go Win 10 or Mac.