Scrolling in Mixer modifies values

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
ultradust

Re: Scrolling in Mixer modifies values

Post by ultradust » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:56 am

This needs to be fixed.

DTS Recording Studio

Post by DTS Recording Studio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:18 am

djstyleee wrote:I have demoed Cubase several times and really like it but theres one thing I just cannot get used to. I use a magic mouse and if I am say in the mixer, and want to scroll across the mixer if I am anywhere near pan or sends etc I end up adjusting that parameter, same for up/down scrolling on faders. I do not have this problem in any other applications I use. Even close to a parameter for a split second and it is active, is there anyway to disable or adjust this setting, I would rather knob/fader scrolling only to be active after I have actually clicked on that particular parameter or when hovering over the actual knob/line etc or even not at all. The fader could be at the very bottom, I could be at the very top and right over the other side of the channel and it still moves the fader when scrolling.
Is there any preference settings or workarounds for this? I have messed around with the 'controls' in prefs but they didn't help. Surely I am not the only person who dislikes this?
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1!!!
"An Optimist says that glass is half full, a Pessimist says that glass is half empty...an Engineer says that glass is twice as large as it needs to be!"
www.DTSrecordingstudio.com www.facebook.com/DTSrecordingstudio

DTS Recording Studio

Post by DTS Recording Studio » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:18 am

ultradust wrote:This needs to be fixed.
+1
"An Optimist says that glass is half full, a Pessimist says that glass is half empty...an Engineer says that glass is twice as large as it needs to be!"

TweakGeek

Post by TweakGeek » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:17 pm

+1. This scrolling behavior feature needs to be configurable. Almost 2019 now, on Cubase 10 and still waiting on this. Steinberg please...

DTS Recording Studio

Post by DTS Recording Studio » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 pm

djstyleee wrote:
Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm
I have demoed Cubase several times and really like it but theres one thing I just cannot get used to. I use a magic mouse and if I am say in the mixer, and want to scroll across the mixer if I am anywhere near pan or sends etc I end up adjusting that parameter, same for up/down scrolling on faders. I do not have this problem in any other applications I use. Even close to a parameter for a split second and it is active, is there anyway to disable or adjust this setting, I would rather knob/fader scrolling only to be active after I have actually clicked on that particular parameter or when hovering over the actual knob/line etc or even not at all. The fader could be at the very bottom, I could be at the very top and right over the other side of the channel and it still moves the fader when scrolling.
Is there any preference settings or workarounds for this? I have messed around with the 'controls' in prefs but they didn't help. Surely I am not the only person who dislikes this?
This is STILL an issue for me. Steinberg, hello????? Anybody home? Seriously.

DTS Recording Studio

Post by DTS Recording Studio » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:58 pm

TweakGeek wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:17 pm
+1. This scrolling behavior feature needs to be configurable. Almost 2019 now, on Cubase 10 and still waiting on this. Steinberg please...
YES, and YES and YES! Just make it so you have to CLICK on a parameter FIRST before you can change it! Or at least if using a modifier?

Dallon426

Post by Dallon426 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:25 am

Annoying.

I also would like to be able to change the direction of my scroll wheel. For instance in pan I would like left to be down on my scroll wheel and up to be right.
I also would like to be able to adjust the scroll bar sizes in the inspector.
I7 8700
AsRock z370 itx fatal1ty
16GB DDR4
1 TB NVME
Windows 10 64bit Pro
Apogee Duet Windows/PC
Cubase Elements 10
Ableton Suite

Spotify or youtube
Dallon Ghan

n0nspaz

Post by n0nspaz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:23 am

Xmouse utility (free) (windows only) allows reconfig of mouse motions PER application

https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMo ... ontrol.htm
Win10-64, Cubase 10 Pro, Intel i7 64GB, RME UCX

hesca116

Post by hesca116 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:57 am

+1
This is the main reason I don't use the channel strip rack at all. Vertical scrolling on it with the mouse wheel is an utter minefield.

Please Steinberg fix this. Or at least make it a preference. Let us choose if we want to click before modifying parameters in the mixer.

Return to “General”