Imported Audio Track Not In Sync With Cubase

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Topaz99

Imported Audio Track Not In Sync With Cubase

Post by Topaz99 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:09 am

Hello,

When I import an audio track that was recorded from another source, the audio track starts late and is not in time with the rest of the tracks.

I did set all of the tracks to the zero starting point.

BTW, I used the same tracks in a different audio program with no problem. It's only happening in Cubase.

I would like to fix this problem from the outset and not have to try to slide the track to the correct point every time I import another track.

Is there a setting somewhere in Cubase that needs to be adjusted? Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Rumdrum

Re: Imported Audio Track Not In Sync With Cubase

Post by Rumdrum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:21 am

What you need to check:
Is it recorded in the same samplerate? If not it will not follow the tempo.(Or: does your Cubase project have the same samplerate as the previous recording?)
Is it recorded in the same tempo (beats per minute)?
Is it recorded in the same time signature?
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 8,5 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

Topaz99

Post by Topaz99 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Rumdrum, thanks for your reply.

Actually the audio track is a vocal track recorded on a Tascam DP-32 digital recorder sung with tracks exported from Cubase. So there are no settings for the tempo, etc. on the Tascam.

What I don't understand is the tracks are exactly synced when I import them into a different audio program, but not in Cubase. So I must be missing something in Cubase.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Rumdrum

Post by Rumdrum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:31 pm

All sound files has their "signature" in both bitrate and sampling frequency. In this case bitrate does not come into play. However sampling frequency may. What I would do is to se if the other sampler where the file is ok has the same sampling setting as the Cubase project. Let us take it from there.
Mac Pro - Maverics 3,2Ghz - 20GB RAM - 22TB Disc, Cubase 8,5 + 4.5 (on PC/XP), Wavelab 9, iPad Remote, RME Hammerfall RAYDAT, Yamaha01V96, and a bucket of ice cream.

Topaz99

Post by Topaz99 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Sample Rate on everything is set at 44.100

Thanks.

Rumdrum

Post by Rumdrum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Next attempt: Have you tried to tempo analyse the file you are importing to se if the project is set in the same tempo?

Topaz99

Post by Topaz99 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:04 am

I set the tempo on the audio track the same tempo as the others, but still the same result.

For some reason the track starts one full second late behind the other tracks in Cubase.

Thanks,

Steve

Rumdrum

Post by Rumdrum » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:12 am

If it only starts late it is no problem, but I thought it changed during play as well. If it only starts late you can just align the start of the file. Set Cubase in a non snap mode and zoom in to get a precise start. Move the file accordingly.

Always set Cubase (in preferences) to Broadcast Wav. Then you can move files from project to project and the files will always appear on the same spot. Always use the same bitrate and sampling rate. I recommend 24/48.

And "Tempo analyze" is not the same as "setting the tempo": Tempo analyze is a function where Cubase analyzes the variation over time in an audio file. You can then either correct it or you can set the tempo in the project to follow the audio file variations.

samexy4real

Post by samexy4real » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:50 pm

Please was this issue ever resolved. Please, if it was, I would like to know how, coz am facing the same issue now. Thanks

Rumdrum

Post by Rumdrum » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Please explain your problem as the previous topic ended. Please also fill out the signature as sometimes the answer lies in the set up and the answer may differ if you have MAC or PC.

Return to “General”