audio mixdown with tail

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
eepyikes

audio mixdown with tail

Post by eepyikes » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Is there a way to automatically detect the reverb/delay tail when doing audio mixdown? This is a super beneficial feature of Logic that I can't find in Cubase 8/8.5.

In addition, it would be very very helpful if the tail option is available when using "render in place". When making stems or exporting sfx that have reverb/delay, it's very time consuming to listen to each event (of which there could be dozens or hundreds) to decide where the tail ends.

DLearyUS

Re: audio mixdown with tail

Post by DLearyUS » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:48 am

you can specify an appropriate "tail size" to capture fx in pro version, set it long enough to cover any length
a quick search for "tail" in the Operation Manual resulted in several references to working with tails
Cubase v9.5 Pro / Win10-64 Pro/ Tascam FW-1884+FE8+FE8 / ART TubeOpto8 Xpander

eepyikes

Post by eepyikes » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:34 am

Unfortunately, manually setting the tail is not always helpful. Frankly, it's easier to drag the locator than it is to arbitrarily set it for 2,3,4 bars etc. But when exporting a ton of events, it's too time consuming to audition the tail of every single event. There is nothing in the manual about automatically detecting the tail.

DLearyUS

Post by DLearyUS » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:40 pm

im assuming if you set the tail length long enough to capture all possible tails in the project it will ONLY capture those tails when it DETECTS them. again this is only an assumption on my part the only way to know is to try it i think. i saw nothing either about "auto detect".

cheers
Cubase v9.5 Pro / Win10-64 Pro/ Tascam FW-1884+FE8+FE8 / ART TubeOpto8 Xpander

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:23 pm

m assuming if you set the tail length long enough to capture all possible tails in the project it will ONLY capture those tails when it DETECTS them.
I'm afraid it just adds the amount you set regardless of what is or isn't required.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

peakae

Post by peakae » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:59 pm

While it would be a nice feature to have, it should be fairly easy to set a fixed tail that is long enough and then use a "detect silence" to remove any silent part.
Make a feature request, and maybe it will be implemented at some point.
Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

eepyikes

Post by eepyikes » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 am

peakae wrote:While it would be a nice feature to have, it should be fairly easy to set a fixed tail that is long enough and then use a "detect silence" to remove any silent part.
Make a feature request, and maybe it will be implemented at some point.
When exporting several hundred stems or sfx events, manually setting locators not only exponentially adds to the time spent exporting, but you also have to somehow capture the whole tail, without the locators/tail carrying over into the next event on the same track.

Having to re-import audio and detect silence is another thing altogether. Adding FR.

marQs

Post by marQs » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Maybe it's possible to create a macro that automatically sets the right locator a defined number of bars to the right before exporting...
Cubase 10 | WL 9.5 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo/Quad | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

lauterdauter

Post by lauterdauter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:02 am

Sorry for bumping this old thread!

I just came to this question while I'm learning Cubase.
So is it possible to set an option for automatically render the tail with mixdown right now?
If not - no problem - then I have to change the marker range for that before I guess.
Seems this is described here:
https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artis ... ail_c.html

Return to “General”