Midi Device issues with Cubase 8 and Windows 8.1

I recently built a new PC with Windows 8.1 64-bit. My previous PC with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit did not see these issues with Cubase 8.

Basically, Cubase will recognize a Midi Device when it is first installed, but then it will randomly lose track of and functionality will cease at some point shortly after.

Two examples of this are my AlphaTrack and the MIDI functionality of my Novation Nocturn (Automap capability persists, but my definition of the Nocturn as a Generic MIDI Remote does not).

If I fully de-install those devices (software, drivers, cubase plugin/components, etc), reboot, reinstall, Cubase will see them properly and I can congfigure them as Remote Devices fine. But shortly after (either after a reboot or sometimes even Cubase restart), the issue appears.

My Alphatrack has become useless. The fader still transmits data to the selected channel, which is confusing, but it does not display any track data and none of the other buttons work. And the fader always jumps back to the original position a second after I move it.

With the Nocturn, I can’t even get Cubase to see MIDI data coming from it.

Really frustrating, as I never had this issue running Cubase 8 on Windows 7. Other DAWs (Reaper, Pro Tools) aren’t having these issues for me on Windows 8.1.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

I’m running Cubase Pro 8.0.30, Windows 8.1 64 bit, the very latest software and drivers for both the Nocturn and Alphatrack. 64-bit Alphatrack plugin for Cubase is in the Cubase Components folder.

Hi, I have the same issue with faders, as they coming back to zero. Have found the solution?