VST multiple outputs not showing in track list

You mean F11 to open the TRACK/RACK then decide whether or not you want it as a RACK instrument or TRACK instrument then select the VST with multiple outputs such as Kontakt, then select I believe it says “open all?” Yes.

Hi,

No, I mean to enable multiple outputs in Cubase.

A) Open VST Instruments Rack (or window), and click to the Activate Outputs button [->. Enable multiple outputs.
Or
B) Click the Activate Outputs button [-> in the Inspector of the Project window, beside the Instrument name.

Enable the Outputs, you want to use.

=> Return Channels will be added.

Thank you Martin,

I have discovered this behavior was due to the way my project template opens my customized default template. I should have started with a “clean slate” which would have immediately shown my problem. So to conclude, it doesn’t matter if its a track instrument or rack instrument as I said above. Both will populate multiple outputs in the project page.

Hi,

Correct, it doesn’t matter, if you are use Instrument Track or Rac Instrument. Both if them can handle multiple outputs.

I’m having the same problem since installing Superior Drummer 3. Where are the settings for the default project template. How do I reset?

thanks

Paul

Do you use Instrument Track or Rack Instrument?

Could you try Safe Start Mode or to Utah Preferences?

Thanks

It’s the same whether I use the instrument rack or instrument track

If I start in safe mode and choose ‘disable preferences’ the same problem happens. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled.

It’s also happening in other VST instruments, i.e., Superior Drummer 2

The tracks are visible in the mixer but not the Project window. The message that usually appears asking if I want to create a MIDI track is also not happening.

The message, if you want to create a MIDI track is missing when you add an Instrument Track.

Does it mean you want to get multiple-outs? You can do so after clicking this icon [-> In the Instrument Track or in the VST Instrument Rack. See this picture.

I’m familiar with how to do it, but it doesnt work.

Yes, multiple outs. So usually I would select multi output in both Cubase and the VST Instrument and the tracks would appear in the project window.

thanks

Hi,

No, the Channels will appear in the MixConsole. To show them in the Project window, unfold the automation tracks of the Instrument track.

how do I do that? By clicking show all automation?

This is how it usually looks (see attachment 4) And this is how it looks if I select’ show automation’ (see attachment 5)

Hi,

Yes, for example by “Show All Automation”. Yes, screen 5 is correct for the Instrument Track, screen 4 is correct for Rack Instrument.

But all I get is 5 whether it’s Instrument or Rack, it makes no difference. The screen shot 4 is from an old project before the problem started. That’s how it’s supposed to be. I’m not doing anything different in 8 years of using it. This is a new problem, not user error.

Could you send a screenshot how does it look like in your side now? To show the issue?

I have the same problem. I know the principal of adding an instrument in the Rack and then choosing activate all outputs. The method creates Tracks for each output when I follow the process in a blank project but it does not work in Projects I am currently working on. Something, obviously, is preventing my existing Projects working correctly. I would love to know what that something is! :wink:

Hi and welcome,

Not all VSTis can be operated this way. Some VSTis just don’t have multi Audio Returns.

To show them, click the + button (same as showing automation) which appears on the coloured part of the track slit, down on the track, bellow the track icon.

Still no answers? I’ve upgraded to 9.5 and it’s still not working. I’m sort of living with it but it’s becoming inconvenient.

It always worked before and stopped working for some reason. If I open an old project the multi tracks appear in the project window, if I create a new project they’re not there.

thanks

Paul

Hi,

Could you send a screenshot from the menu, where the multi-outs should appear?

Greetings Gang,

Just arriving and I just need to thank you Martin! I’ve been struggling for the past two days with getting my Superior Drummer 3 Separate Outputs to show up in my Project Window as a VST Instrument here in Cubase 10. But as soon as I read and followed your insight by “Showing Automation” ALL the Separate Tracks Appeared inn my Project Window. Hooray!

The only question that would sure be great to have answered is the technical reason for having to show tracks via Automation verses the Tracks showing up Automatically as a VST Rack.

Your thoughts Martin?

Cheers and many Thanks Again!

Paul

Hi,

I’m sorry, I don’t know the technical reason.