Change project folder in pool

Yeah, I tried that and my project wouldn’t open at all. It’s just not that simple when you move a folder that has audio in another project’s pool. This problem has been paralyzing for me because I have just been using past projects and renaming them so all of my projects and pools are intermingled. It’s a big mess. I bought a back up drive to start storing projects but I can’t move any of them because of this pool intermingling mess. I have Cubasis also and there is no problem copying projects to start new ones.

I’m going to try this “Save as Template” idea above and see if that works. Ironically, this all started because my first project was a template. But I just renamed it and saved it for each new song, which caused the pool to be saved in the previous project. How stupid. Why would anyone want the audio pool to be in a different project folder? I really had problems when my folders would go up into the cloud after not being accessed for a while and the active project couldn’t access the cloud saved pool audio. So much time trying to figure all this out.

So I guess you have to choose “save as template” each time to make sure the pool stays in the project folder if you are starting with a template or another song. Now I know. Sigh.

Update 1:
No, the template method did not work. It actually creates a Project folder in the pool that says “untitled” even after I created a new folder, renamed the project and saved the newly named project in the new folder. It also lists the pool record folder as “Media/Audio.” That’s not going to work. Time to try the Back Up Method. Wish me Luck.

Update 2:
Yes, the back up method does work! Yay! Now I can surgically remove all of my projects from one another and start moving the finished projects into my back up drive. That will be a headache, but it’s better than feeling paralyzed. Btw, all of the pool record folders say “Media/Audio.” I didn’t notice that before. I’m using Cubase 9.5. I hope this helps someone else.