Extra settings

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Sunny7

Extra settings

Post by Sunny7 »

HI, I am facing a few problems I think these problems are to do with my Cubase settings.
When I record Midi track weather its VSTi or Moxf8 internal sounds on Cubase midi channel it doesn’t record with proper timings I have quantized midi notes in many different ways but I cannot set the timings I have already done the following in Cubase settings please refer to pics below.
Kindly please tell me if there are any other settings that I need to do so I can get me perfect timing to record midi tracks.
Regards, Sunny 7.
Computer: Win 10Pro/64bit/Intel Core i7/Interface: RME UCX
Softwares: (Cubase Pro 9=64bit) (Wave Lab 9) (NI=Komplete 10 Ultimate) (Samplitude Pro X /64-Bit)
Keyboards: (KORG PA3x/76) (Yamaha MOXF8) (Roland FA06)

matjones

Re: Extra settings

Post by matjones »

Try this.....

Devices/midi/midi port setup and tick the 'use system timestamp' boxes...
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

Sunny7

Post by Sunny7 »

Yes I do already ticks time stamp' boxes please see pitcher.
Regards, Sunny 7.
Softwares: (Cubase Pro 9=64bit) (Wave Lab 9) (NI=Komplete 10 Ultimate) (Samplitude Pro X /64-Bit)

matjones

Post by matjones »

Daft question but have you tried it with those boxes unticked or combinations of one ticked and one unticked?
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

stand2base wrote:Yes I do already ticks time stamp' boxes please see pitcher.
Dunno about anyone else but I don't see any picture here.

Also check this article:

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... on-windows
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

The only thing I can think of it to make sure that you have not got the external clock ticked in the vst audio system.

Also I have a Fireface UC and do not have the Timestamp options ticked.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

ggc

Post by ggc »

Grim wrote:Dunno about anyone else but I don't see any picture here.
He said pitcher, not picture..

See it now?

Last edited by ggc on Tue May 03, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

silhouette wrote:The only thing I can think of it to make sure that you have not got the external clock ticked in the vst audio system.
This setting is for audio sample rate clocking. It shouldn't affect midi timing.
i7 5820k @3.7Ghz, 16Gb, W10Pro, Cubase 9.0x, Cubase 8.5.x, Audient iD22, Zoom UAC-2, Wavelab Elements 9.x, Nektar Impact GX61

ggc

Post by ggc »

Is the midi port enabler still something we look at nowadays?

If it is, look through this ... Maybe...

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... on-windows

Only move the "ignoreportfilter" file as quoted below

"These files are used as a sort of "switch". To use these "switches" just move the desired file from the folder "midi port enabler" one level up to the main application folder, e.g. to folder "\program files\steinberg\cubase 6\".

But really, i dont know what kind of timing issue u have... Notes too fast/too slow this that?

Grim
Grand Senior Member

Post by Grim »

That would be the same link I gave a few posts back.....I think you had one too many pichters ggc.

ggc

Post by ggc »

Im like half asleep and can barely type... Have mercy!..lol

Edit: oh yeah, i see it now..lol -> good call:p

paulb

Post by paulb »

Same old same old....basically the timing of (particularly USB) MIDI events in Windows remains terrible for some users.

I've gone through at least 4 versions of Windows on three times that number of PCs, with more than half a dozen different MIDI interfaces and countless paid-for Cubase upgrades.

Oh, the hours of joy I've had ticking time-stamp boxes and the like - all to no effect.

Same hardware / same operating systems with Sonar and Reaper - never had a single problem with MIDI timing.

Really, Steinberg you need to understand that MIDI timing is meat and veg to many of us!

For clarity - sometimes, I never get a single take, without having to manually adjust MIDI timing.

The best MIDI timing I ever had with Cubase was with on old MusicQuest 8-port SE. Despite them going out business years ago, and this device needing some 3rd-party crafted drivers for Windows 7-64bit, it's only because of parallel port availability that it's finally had to go...
Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7,16Gb RAM, SSDs, Focusrite Saffire56 and Scarlett 18i20, Celemony Melodyne

peakae
Grand Senior Member

Post by peakae »

There was an older driver that did strange things for me and my moXF6, make sure you are using the latest yamaha drivers.
Could you please make a screen dump of the window you are showing in the picture. Just hold down ALT and press PrintScreen when the window is active.
Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Elements 9, I9 9900K , win10x64, 32Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

silhouette

Post by silhouette »

Grim wrote:
silhouette wrote:The only thing I can think of it to make sure that you have not got the external clock ticked in the vst audio system.
This setting is for audio sample rate clocking. It shouldn't affect midi timing.
Ooops! I think I need that pitcher............or may two!
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 10 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 10.5 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 12 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335x2,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette x 3 - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

Sunny7

Post by Sunny7 »

Hi, I have taken some pics of the current position
Pic1&2 show the current settings right now. There is still a very minor timing issue I have recorded a sample to show this please download and listen to it. http://picosong.com/KDFP/
Kindly tell me do I need to adjust the Keyboard internal settings or Cubase settings? I have double checked everything but I still don’t know what is causing this issue!
Pic 3 when I open Cubase it automatically opens up in "Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO" and then I have to change it to
"ASIO Fireface USB" is there a way to set it to open in "ASIO Fireface USB" every time I switch Cubase on.
Regards, Sunny 7.

Return to “General”