Remote Control Editor Using Generic Remote Device

From what I understand, the Generic Remote Controller should allow you to assign every midi knob, button & fader on your device to a specific target.

In my view, the problem is mainly flexibility vs. complexity. In theory, you should be able to get all your devices to control every aspect of Cubase you want; it’s just very complicated, with the info spread out all over the main op manual and the other manuals, plus whatever info you have for the controller… Also, there is a lack of pre-designed templates, Panels, Control XMLs, etc. on line.

Heres an article that might help: Hardware-controlled Channel Strip In Cubase It focusses on setting up a BCR 2000, but the info should be applicable to any controller.

I don’t know what Lemur is, nor have I used a iPad like device for control purposes, but you should be able to at least make sure that the Lemur - iPad combo is sending data using Bome Sysex or Translator.

I briefly had a BCR200 and was able to set up a generic remote control template for it (Cubase 5), but I found it inconvenient to work with. I also have a Frontier Alpha Track which works fine (on Windows) - minimal setup required once the right driver - component is installed.

It’s the ever expanding (and often unclear) info in the Cubase manual(s) that’s confusing. Midi Devices, Remote Control Devices, Remote Controllers, Generic RCs, Quick Controls, Panels, etc. A lot of options and not enough clarity. And now Touch OSC devices, etc. I realized a while ago that if making music is the goal then wading through all these things defeats that purpose - by the time I figure out how to set up a robust flexible remote control device, a new version of Cubase has been released & I haven’t even finished a song!

Some Quick Control notes:
I had to quickly setup some quick controls for a guitarist to change amp settings on a plugin; I had already created a generic map for an Oxygen 49 and was able to do this pretty quickly, but I realized I had to research this further.
I might be misunderstanding the issue, but I did notice in the Cubase (8.5 Pro) manual that a generic remote controller can be assigned to control almost any parameter on any track by creating a new empty audio track and cntrl/command clicking on each slot of the quick controls list - this provides the automatable parameters for every track you have created (Cubase 8.5 Operation Manual pg. 655). Unfortunately, it is specific to that session, though I suppose you could create a template with this arrangement set up already.