Cubase 8.5 Educational version

Interested in Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 or Cubase Elements 8? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!

Cubase 8.5 Educational version

Post by dylans1983 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi everyone!

I have the possibility to get Cubase 8.5 pro Educational. I world to know if with This versione you have some kinder of limitations using the software. For example: it Will be possible to update to future versions? In case of broken pc where i installed cubase edu, can i install it in another pc or not? I have read that the Educational version is available only for one pc. It is wrong?

Thank you very much!

Forum Elder

Re: Cubase 8.5 Educational version

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi and welcome,

The license is written to the dedicated person. You cannot sell it.

Yes, you can upgrade to the newer Cubase version. By any upgrade, it's not EDU anymore.

Yes, you can install Cubase to another computer. Cubase Elements/Le/AI can run on one computer, because of the Soft-eLicenser. If you want to move it to another computer, you have to reactivate. Cubase Artist and Pro you can install to multiple computers. Where you plug in the USB-eLicenser, Cubase will work. Btw even Cubase Elements/Le/AI license can be transfered to the USB-eLicenser and it can behave the same way.
Martin Jirsak

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)

Return to “Presales”