Ability to make Post-Fader Insert Slots, STEREO

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
ResonantMind

Ability to make Post-Fader Insert Slots, STEREO

Post by ResonantMind » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:04 pm

It would be great to be able to make the last two post-fader insert slots stereo or mono for stereo pan effects, stereo chorus, etc.

MHoughton

Re: Ability to make Post-Fader Insert Slots, STEREO

Post by MHoughton » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:21 am

Why especially post-fader?

I'd rather see the ability to have a mono-to-stereo facility at any point in the signal chain, from the polarity and filter stage onwards.

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:39 am

Imo, too disorganized and confusing to know what is going on where, and there's no point in having a stereo plugin before a mono plugin - imo, it just makes more sense to have stereo in the last two slots of the chain, not so much to do with post/pre-fader.

Raphie

Post by Raphie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:05 am

ResonantMind wrote:It would be great to be able to make the last two post-fader insert slots stereo or mono for stereo pan effects, stereo chorus, etc.
can you explain a scenario where this would be needed, because it can't be done otherwise?
Analogue Mastering
MSI raider X299 - Intel i9 7940 - MSI Gaming X 1070GTX 8GB - OCZ RD400 nvme SSD - 16GB DDR4-3000
Windows 10 x64 up to date - Cubase Pro 9.5x - Wavelab Pro 9.5x
RME MadiFX and racks full of outboard

Everything you need to know about remote control editors

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:10 am

Raphie wrote:
ResonantMind wrote:It would be great to be able to make the last two post-fader insert slots stereo or mono for stereo pan effects, stereo chorus, etc.
can you explain a scenario where this would be needed, because it can't be done otherwise?
Mono track with a stereo pan VST plugin inserted, instead of having to create a group or fx channel just for one little pan plugin.

Razzia

Post by Razzia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:09 am

Agreed. In Studio One I could record to a mono track, and then just click a button to turn it to a stereo track so if I want to I can put a chorus or something on a vocal track without a bus if I want. One of the few things I really miss from S1

I would argue that it would be better to just... make the output stereo instead of mono. But what the heck, I'll take whatever I can get.
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:52 am

Razzia wrote:Agreed. In Studio One I could record to a mono track, and then just click a button to turn it to a stereo track so if I want to I can put a chorus or something on a vocal track without a bus if I want. One of the few things I really miss from S1

I would argue that it would be better to just... make the output stereo instead of mono. But what the heck, I'll take whatever I can get.
I guess the only thing to be weary of, would be making mono inserts/parts of the signal chain stereo that don't need to be which would I'm assuming(?) create 2x data and 2x CPU usage, etc.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”