Preserve Kontakt Output Assignments

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
david_d

Preserve Kontakt Output Assignments

Post by david_d » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Cubase's support for Native Instruments Kontakt is, in my opinion, flawed to the point of being almost unusable. When a Cubase user saves a project, s/he expects the project to restore 100% perfectly - not with Kontakt's outputs scrambled or missing.

Unfortunately, Cubase doesn't store Kontakt's output assignments with a project, but instead relies on Kontakt's global "default outputs" setting. As a result, Cubase's projects (and Track Archives) are unreliable. If Kontakt's default outputs were changed from the time the project was last saved (quite likely), then the project won't restore fully.

The only solution I've come up with is to modify all Kontakt multis to use one generic output setup (thus discarding any and all output labels). It's awful.

Frankly, I wanted to report this as a bug, but I see it's been talked about for years without yet being addressed or a worthwhile workaround being discovered, so I guess my request belongs here.

Thank you for your consideration.
Master of Music Business and Technology, Berklee College of Music

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”