Opportunities with touch

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
Wedoh

Opportunities with touch

Post by Wedoh » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi!

When i first saw the Microsoft Surface Studio and Dial i thought to my self. How could would it be to edit audio right on the screen with the Surface Dial and a touch pen?

I imagine myself cutting audio regions right on the screen with the pen, through a gesture from top to bottom splicing an audio region in no time. Painting fades right on audio region, with Cubase automatically drawing a nice linear fade from where the pen stroke first started on the audio file to where it ends. Making it possible to quickly just draw a line where you imagine the fadein or out to be, without any precise movement.
And to move audio regions by first marking them with the touch of a finger and then moving them with the precise control of the Surface Dial.

When i imagine this, the editing is just like if i where holding a razor blade, cutting tape right on the screen. A sort of physical feeling that works faster and more intuitive then using a mouse and keyboard.

I would love to see some kind of Cubase Touch version for PC and Mac, to use with for example the Raven MTI or Surface Studio!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”