Lock Track/Folder Size / Zoom Independent Tracks

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
ResonantMind

Lock Track/Folder Size / Zoom Independent Tracks

Post by ResonantMind » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 am

Hide feature is great. Sometimes I sort of want to keep things more on hand without forgetting about them/what they are exactly. It would be great to be able to lock certain tracks/folders to a minimum size so that vertical zoom does not affect them - just to keep them there but out of the way and tidy, and sort of signifying they are "put aside" for the moment.

*edit*

Yeah, this would be especially nice for folders, whether open or closed, they just don't need to be the same width as audio tracks - same goes for groups and FX channels. They all take up unnecessary real-estate but at the same time, you might want them in view.

hjwinge

Re: Lock Track/Folder Size / Zoom Independent Tracks

Post by hjwinge » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:44 pm

it is sort of already possible.
you need to use the arrange window seperator, a very small little symbol at the upper right corner, to make a split screen. this way you can zoom the upper part and lower part of the screen independently. Propably a bad description this.. but hey
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 14.40.29.jpg
(15.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Main studio: Cubase pro 9.5 and c pro 10, Wavelab 9.5, macpro middle 2012, saffire pro 40, waves 9 and 10, t-racks, plugin alliance, superior drummer and komplete, and more. Mackie D8B with probox DAW controller (MCU protocoll and Generic remote)

Classroom: imac with Cubase elements 10, saffire pro 40, behringer x32 as DAW controller MCU or MIDI/generic remote

ResonantMind

Re: Lock Track/Folder Size / Zoom Independent Tracks

Post by ResonantMind » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

hjwinge wrote:it is sort of already possible.
you need to use the arrange window seperator, a very small little symbol at the upper right corner, to make a split screen. this way you can zoom the upper part and lower part of the screen independently. Propably a bad description this.. but hey
Yeah, I'm aware of the separator and it's separate zoom. But I'd like to be able to toggle lock size for individual tracks. Like If I size 8 channels of drums to be narrow, I want to lock them in that state. Or maybe I always want the vocal track to be wide, so I make it as wide as it will go and then lock it to that size. Sometimes I print analog delay tracks and do a bunch of passes, end up keeping one, but like to keep the others close, would be nice to size them down to absolute minimum and lock that size. Just a few examples.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”