Preserve Track Visibility Settings in Track Archives

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
david_d

Preserve Track Visibility Settings in Track Archives

Post by david_d » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:08 am

When exporting tracks to a Track Archive, any track visibility settings should also be preserved. Track visibility is a useful organizational feature. It's a little jarring when those details just 'disappear' - or, in this case, 're-appear.'

As you might have guessed from my series of suggestions, I'm a huge fan of Track Archives. They can improve Cubase workflow and efficiency enormously. However, it's frustrating to have to 'clean up' the tracks in a large, complex track archive each time the archive is loaded into a new project. For example, I have a Kontakt drum multi with a dozen outputs, a dozen group channel tracks, and a dozen audio tracks, all organized into intuitive folders and color groups. What's more, all of the Kontakt outputs and group channel tracks are hidden, as they serve a background purpose only. Ideally, Track Archives would restore all of these details in one click.

Thank you for your consideration.
Master of Music Business and Technology, Berklee College of Music

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”