Click & Drag Zoom Method Causes Playback Cursor to Follow it

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
wavefunktion

Click & Drag Zoom Method Causes Playback Cursor to Follow it

Post by wavefunktion » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:14 am

When using the Click and Drag method of zooming on the Arrangement Track, it causes the Playback Cursor to follow where you have held the left mouse click to drag, basically rendering this zoom method useless if it is to be used while the Arrangement is playing back.

It would be nice to have a separated zoom bar above or underneath to click and drag on without affecting the playback cursor position.

I don't use this method too often as I use the shortcut keys more often, but when I do use the click and drag zoom method that is what I notice.

I suppose a solution is to use the Overview Line to zoom, but sometimes you don't want all that extra visual graphic distractions of seeing all the different color events etc in the Overview.

thanks
DAW: Cubase Pro 8 v8.0.30.536 (64bit) & Cubase Pro 8 v8.5.20 (64bit)
CPU: i7 960 Bloomfield (Turbo & C1E disabled)
Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E x58 Chipset 1366 Socket (BIOS v701)
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX970 - Driver v373.06
RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator (CMP12GX3M3A1600C9)
HDD: Samsung EVO SSD 1TB (MZ-75E1T0)
Audio Interface: RME Fireface UCX - Driver v1.095 Rev 46
PSU: Corsair AX860 (CP-9020044-AU)
Network Adapter: Intel Gigabit CT PCIe (EXPI9301CT)
My Youtube Steinberg Cubase v8.0.30 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting Channel
My Youtube Steinberg Cubase v8.5.20 Bugs, Errors & Performance Reporting Channel
My Youtube Steinberg Cubase v8.5.20 Feature Requests & Suggestions
"I just wanna make music & have fun doing so..."

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”