Multicore-ASIO-VST-Audiosystem

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
Robert Schulz

Multicore-ASIO-VST-Audiosystem

Post by Robert Schulz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:01 pm

For Example: If i am in a situation, where I need more physical Input- and/or Output-Ports, and I ain´t got the ability to buy me an full-featured Audio-Interface or an extensional Audio-Interface/ or Mixer, which i could use through an ADAT- and WordClock-Connection or I got the Problem that my current Audio-Hardware doesn´t support WCLK or ADAT-Connection,..

but...
I remind, that I got some other Audio-Interfaces as well in my backroom.

But the Problem is, I can´t use these other Audio-Interfaces simultanously with my current attached Audio-Hardware, cause the Sequencers only allow one specific ASIO-Driver for the depending Device.

It´s not possible to use these (multiple Audio-Hardwares) parallel simultanously at the same instant.

My Thought is now: The Effort is very difficult to make, but maybe Steinberg could develope a VST-System, cause they´ve had already developed the VST-and the ASIO-Standard, which can work with multiple ASIO-Drivers.

Thanks for anybody, who have read.

Raphie

Re: Multicore-ASIO-VST-Audiosystem

Post by Raphie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Won't happen... try ASIO4ALL
Analogue Mastering
MSI raider X299 - Intel i9 7940 - MSI Gaming X 1070GTX 8GB - OCZ RD400 nvme SSD - 16GB DDR4-3000
Windows 10 x64 up to date - Cubase Pro 9.5x - Wavelab Pro 9.5x
RME MadiFX and racks full of outboard

Everything you need to know about remote control editors

Robert Schulz

Re: Multicore-ASIO-VST-Audiosystem

Post by Robert Schulz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Raphie wrote:Won't happen... try ASIO4ALL
ASIO4all doesn´t work with this on common Audio-Interfaces. Just other Audio-Applications. Tried it out.
For my Purpose and my Audio-Hardware it´s unfortunaly not usable.

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”