Bezier Curves & Automation Tools

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
Passante

Re: Bezier Curves & Automation Tools

Post by Passante » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfSlCbC3WqQ 2:00

So it has been implemented in Wavelab 9. Maybe something is finally changing (i hope so).

Ni1936

Post by Ni1936 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:19 pm

+ 111111111111

BEZIER CURVES!

atze100

Post by atze100 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Passante wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfSlCbC3WqQ 2:00

So it has been implemented in Wavelab 9. Maybe something is finally changing (i hope so).
Yeah, but it should be way more advanced than that! This looks rather like a general smoothing than real bezier curves...

I would prefer to be able to choose different types of curves and to work with fixed points.

I really like how Image-Line handles the curves. Hopefully Steinberg come up with an even better solution!!!
Cubase Pro 8.0.40 64 Bit, Win7 Ultimate 64 Bit, Core i7 2600k, 16GB RAM

Cubase Safe Start: https://www.steinberg.net/fi/support/kn ... ences.html

Cubase Einstellungen: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... and-Nuendo

Charlemagne

Post by Charlemagne » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 am

How has this basic feature gone unimplemented and unresponded to for 2 years? Makes it wonder if I should invest in Cubase again...

eelick

Post by eelick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:02 pm

+1

I've been waiting for this + sample accurate automation for over 10 years now .... I'm giving steinberg one more chance if these features are not included in the next version release then I'm definitely selling cubase and switching to studio one 3 .... I'd recommend anybody else that relies on such basic features to do the same as a friend of mine showed me studio one 3 and it's almost identical to cubase but with way more features and most importantly the company actually listens to the it's users and will update the features of the software based on making the software all around better not just appealing to the majorities requests whilst completely ignoring the minority .....

keyxmusic

Post by keyxmusic » Fri May 06, 2016 3:21 am

+100000

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:27 am

eelick wrote:+1

I've been waiting for this + sample accurate automation for over 10 years now .... I'm giving steinberg one more chance if these features are not included in the next version release then I'm definitely selling cubase and switching to studio one 3 .... I'd recommend anybody else that relies on such basic features to do the same as a friend of mine showed me studio one 3 and it's almost identical to cubase but with way more features and most importantly the company actually listens to the it's users and will update the features of the software based on making the software all around better not just appealing to the majorities requests whilst completely ignoring the minority .....
To be fair, they do say they don't JUST respond to the majority's wishes - they are always looking to all areas of the program for improvement; then it comes down, as ever, to time and resource...

Here's the post from Tim Grunwald about the results of the recent customer survey/poll as to what users vote for in the next/upcoming releases. (my emphasis in red).

Please be aware that some of the requests may not have been implemented in the next version increment of Cubase. Rest assured that we’re constantly working on maintaining a good balance between exciting, new features, improved stability, workflow enhancements and fixes to deliver the best overall Cubase experience.

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. Stay in touch through our forum and by participating in upcoming surveys, which we regularly announce on forum and social media.

Here now the survey’s Top 5 requests

1. Parameter undo/redo history for MixConsole
2. Enhanced window handling
3. Extend options to import tracks/channels in a project
4. Extend resizing possibilities for the rack zone
5. Basic sampler

As I remember, Bezier Curve/Automation improvements were one of the choices for users to vote for in the survey... I voted for it. I also voted for only one of the other items appearing in that results list.

Anyhow, with all that being said, you may want to be making more use of Studio One earlier than you thought - this Bezier Curve stuff ain't coming any time soon; maybe not Cubase 9 but maybe Cubase 9.5..? (end 2017)
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.0.40, WaveLab Pro v10, Studio One v4.5.3, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

eelick

Post by eelick » Sun May 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Puma0382 wrote:
Anyhow, with all that being said, you may want to be making more use of Studio One earlier than you thought - this Bezier Curve stuff ain't coming any time soon; maybe not Cubase 9 but maybe Cubase 9.5..? (end 2017)

Thanks for the reply, I understand where you are coming from ..... although I will have to reply with an 'in all fairness' myself as the things I'm asking for are things that have been implemented in other DAWS for years now and even DAWS that have traditionally been laughed at by 'pro' users, so I really don't know what to think anymore about the matter...

Also, I have actually switched to studio one 3 since my last post and it's going well despite the fact that its a real pain having to learn a new DAW although it's similar enough to cubase to not have too much of a learning curve.... I will be holding on to my copy of cubase as I do really love the software to be honest but I will wait till the update that includes these features until I give anymore of my money to steinberg .... hopefully I'll find myself handing over my cash sooner rather than later :)

ganiev

Post by ganiev » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:48 pm

+1

guy benzino

Post by guy benzino » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:49 pm

+1

Steinfberg, Do not stay behind!
Bezier Curves is a major editing tool in 2016, and will save a lot of time in sculpture...

Razzia

Post by Razzia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:19 am

Passante wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfSlCbC3WqQ 2:00

That still looks a heck of a lot less convenient than other DAWs I've used. So you either have all hard angles, or all bezier curves with no ability to just insert a hard point. Although I don't hate the line tool in Cubase, I prefer Live's take on it, where you just hold alt and drag part of a line to curve it. And obviously Studio One is even more sophisticated than that, but I'd be happy with just being able to do what I can do in Live.
Cubase Pro 9 / Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Push 2 / Novation LaunchKey 25 / Steinberg CMC-CH
Audient iD4 / ART Voice Channel
Win 10 Pro x64 / i7 6700k / 200 GB SSD / 2TB HDD / 16 GB RAM

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”