Bezier Curves & Automation Tools

It seems to me that all problems of Steinberg, are concluded in one word “Yamaha”

+1, what’s the resolution for these controllers? If 0-127 then a bezier-curve doesn’t make big impact (only graphically), but is the resolution higher then the standard midi resolution then the curves are in place and needed.

+2 for the clip automation, this will be very powerfull!

how so? (honest question. and how as regards bezier curves?)

No Bezier Curves in the top list survey result !!!? :frowning:

Yes, please!

+1

+1

+1000 for PT or Studio One-style automation selection & editing. This has been a no-brainer for years. Is it that hard to implement?

…Has Steinberg ever responded on this issue? (For me, the select & trim issue is more important than bezier curves.)

- YouTube 2:00

So it has been implemented in Wavelab 9. Maybe something is finally changing (i hope so).

BEZIER CURVES!

Yeah, but it should be way more advanced than that! This looks rather like a general smoothing than real bezier curves…

I would prefer to be able to choose different types of curves and to work with fixed points.

I really like how Image-Line handles the curves. Hopefully Steinberg come up with an even better solution!!!

How has this basic feature gone unimplemented and unresponded to for 2 years? Makes it wonder if I should invest in Cubase again…

+1

I’ve been waiting for this + sample accurate automation for over 10 years now … I’m giving steinberg one more chance if these features are not included in the next version release then I’m definitely selling cubase and switching to studio one 3 … I’d recommend anybody else that relies on such basic features to do the same as a friend of mine showed me studio one 3 and it’s almost identical to cubase but with way more features and most importantly the company actually listens to the it’s users and will update the features of the software based on making the software all around better not just appealing to the majorities requests whilst completely ignoring the minority …

+100000

To be fair, they do say they don’t JUST respond to the majority’s wishes - they are always looking to all areas of the program for improvement; then it comes down, as ever, to time and resource…

Here’s the post from Tim Grunwald about the results of the recent customer survey/poll as to what users vote for in the next/upcoming releases. (my emphasis in red).

_Please be aware that some of the requests may not have been implemented in the next version increment of Cubase. Rest assured that we’re constantly working on maintaining a good balance between exciting, new features, improved stability, workflow enhancements and fixes to deliver the best overall Cubase experience.

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. Stay in touch through our forum and by participating in upcoming surveys, which we regularly announce on forum and social media.

Here now the survey’s Top 5 requests
\

1. Parameter undo/redo history for MixConsole
  2. Enhanced window handling
  3. Extend options to import tracks/channels in a project
  4. Extend resizing possibilities for the rack zone
  5. Basic sampler_

As I remember, Bezier Curve/Automation improvements were one of the choices for users to vote for in the survey… I voted for it. I also voted for only one of the other items appearing in that results list.

Anyhow, with all that being said, you may want to be making more use of Studio One earlier than you thought - this Bezier Curve stuff ain’t coming any time soon; maybe not Cubase 9 but maybe Cubase 9.5…? (end 2017)

Thanks for the reply, I understand where you are coming from … although I will have to reply with an ‘in all fairness’ myself as the things I’m asking for are things that have been implemented in other DAWS for years now and even DAWS that have traditionally been laughed at by ‘pro’ users, so I really don’t know what to think anymore about the matter…

Also, I have actually switched to studio one 3 since my last post and it’s going well despite the fact that its a real pain having to learn a new DAW although it’s similar enough to cubase to not have too much of a learning curve… I will be holding on to my copy of cubase as I do really love the software to be honest but I will wait till the update that includes these features until I give anymore of my money to steinberg … hopefully I’ll find myself handing over my cash sooner rather than later :slight_smile:

+1

+1

Steinfberg, Do not stay behind!
Bezier Curves is a major editing tool in 2016, and will save a lot of time in sculpture…

That still looks a heck of a lot less convenient than other DAWs I’ve used. So you either have all hard angles, or all bezier curves with no ability to just insert a hard point. Although I don’t hate the line tool in Cubase, I prefer Live’s take on it, where you just hold alt and drag part of a line to curve it. And obviously Studio One is even more sophisticated than that, but I’d be happy with just being able to do what I can do in Live.