Vertical Zoom with Mousewheel+Key [Achieved]

+1

+1000

+1

+1 - but provided nothing about horizontal scrolling with the mouse wheel is sacrificed to accommodate this feature.

+1

1 Like

+1 yes please

Steinberg make it happen.

2 Likes

+1
it’d be very useful.

1 Like

If you are on a Mac you can program this by using BetterTouchTool. Just use Alt and Mouse wheel up / down to trigger Cubase Shift H and Shift G. Works perfect.

+1
Coming from the 3D graphics software world I can’t understand how such an important workflow feature for quick visual navigation is missing in a professional tool like Cubase. Please Steinberg, do something! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m on mac. Decades ago I started programming my key commands to use option + arrows to zoom both horizontal and vertical incrementaly. It was more intuitive than G / H keys and easier muscle memory. I can do it with one hand without taking my eyes off the screen.

In recent years I’ve taken to using the magnifying glass tool with the standard mode (horizontal only) turned off so I can zoom in both horizontal and vertical. Then double click to go back to the previous view. I usually don’t need any other zooming techniques unless I’m trying to zoom OUT a massive project. Then my old “option + up arrow” work wonders.

All that said; zoom vertically with a scroll wheel modifier would be nice.
so, +1

+1, would be really useful

1 Like

Spent so long trying to figure this out before realizing it’s just not a feature. Seems so, so basic to be missing from software like this

yeah. to be honest its kind of absurd considering how easy it should be to add in.

2 Likes

As it been implemented?

Still not a feature. One of the most basic of basic features in a DAW - still not in Cubendo.

Definitely, Sometimes it just shocks me to realize that Cubase lacks some of those SUPER basic feature that other DAW have, such as full screen mode. When ever i have to zoom vertically with Shift+G/H it reminds me of the fluency that logic and studio one used to give me.

I was just looking this up. How surprising.

I am very surprised this simple feature hasn’t been added @Cubase
Now is the time!

I have been trying to convert my colleagues from Audition to Nuendo. This is the most basic thing that Nuendo/Cubase lacks. Do it already! Cmd+Alt+Scroll for Vertical Zoom!

Take a look here:

I’m happy to say that all users in this thread confirm that it just works: All zoom types supported in Cubase, Nuendo and the like!

ATM, PinchBar enables continuous pinch to zoom using trackpad:

• no modifier + pinch–> horizontal zoom
  • CMD+pinch → vertical zoom
  • ALT+pinch → waveform zoom

I’m currently adding support for the feature requested here, i.e. Magic Mouse & conventional mouse wheel support:

Which modifiers would you like to see for which zoom modes? Be assured, that all of these will be configurable. Though at first, that has to be done via Terminal as I didn’t have time to implement a proper settings GUI yet. This will be added next.

I’m also working on a prototype that is able to detect and map CMD+ALT+scroll to conventional macOS zoom as it is produced by pinch gestures on Magic Trackpads. See this feature request if you want to participate in testing.

ATM, I’m extending PinchBar’s architecture to detect and map all of this and some extra stuff like two finger scroll on Magic Mice, too. I have tested alot on my own machine and can summarize that every little thing already works on its own, but the challenge is to bring all of this together into one project you can just download, use and adapt to your own workflow.

I’m a Cubase user by myself and aim to develope PinchBar to be as ready-to-use-out-of-the-box as possible, but everyone has different approaches to making music, so I know configurability is important. It’s just not that easy, even for a computer scientist…