Bring Back Option For MixConsole To Always Be On Top

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
hjwinge

Re: Bring Back Option For MixConsole To Always Be On Top

Post by hjwinge » Thu May 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Suggestion..

I dont know in windows, but OSX has already changed the green window button from maximise to fullscreen window for most of native apps and many 3. party programs. If steinberg do not want to return the AOT mixer, maybe implement the OSX fullscreen instead? Also for the project window please..? Even the dinasaur Pro Tools got it, it should be easy for cubase to include it too (I hope).
Main studio: Cubase pro 9.5 and c pro 10, Wavelab 9.5, macpro middle 2012, saffire pro 40, waves 9 and 10, t-racks, plugin alliance, superior drummer and komplete, and more. Mackie D8B with probox DAW controller (MCU protocoll and Generic remote)

Classroom: imac with Cubase elements 10, saffire pro 40, behringer x32 as DAW controller MCU or MIDI/generic remote

AndrewScottMusic

Post by AndrewScottMusic » Mon May 16, 2016 7:19 am

Why the *knuf* would you take away an option that was so useful for so many years?
Just to keep yourselves busy?

Elias Reyes

Post by Elias Reyes » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Please Mix always come back to the front console. There is no reason to have removed that option so useful

:evil:

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi,

I'm a long term Cubase user since 1995.

I've just upgraded to 8.5 Pro and am very sad and annoyed that the always on top feature has been removed from the Mixer windows.

Please please can we have it back?

Thank you.

NoMad92

Post by NoMad92 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:05 pm

We ask 4 it for a long long long time...and what Steinberg answered me on twitter bout that ??!!!
"we dont want to block the view to some plugins"...

THATS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED TO WHEN WE ASK FOR "AOT MIXER"...stop taking us for fools.

So is there a real reason why they dont implement that back ??? or is it just that they do what they think is good by their standard not the users point of view (many many many many users aks 4 it, and since man,y years now, check when that thread started)

Steinberg could be the king in DAW bizness if they would listen to users like some other brands do !!!! (some people will choose a less good soft with a nice team behind it, than a good soft with a team doing less to satisfy users...we pay a soft, we are in the rights to ask for features...)
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 10.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger, Sylenth1

hjwinge

Post by hjwinge » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:43 pm

They said that...? Wow, I never had that problem, the AOT worked 100% on my system. My hope now is that(I use mac) apples new OS will make this problem go away. In their last keynote they said something like systemwide fullscreen even for 3. party apps. This being said, Pro tools free and studio one HAS a full screen mixer, so I dont see why this would be any harder for steinberg to implement. They already did it once...
Main studio: Cubase pro 9.5 and c pro 10, Wavelab 9.5, macpro middle 2012, saffire pro 40, waves 9 and 10, t-racks, plugin alliance, superior drummer and komplete, and more. Mackie D8B with probox DAW controller (MCU protocoll and Generic remote)

Classroom: imac with Cubase elements 10, saffire pro 40, behringer x32 as DAW controller MCU or MIDI/generic remote

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Luis Dongo wrote:Hi guys,

just to chime in...

I am currently in conversations with the engineering and product planning teams to see what can be done about this. They are already aware of the situation (thanks to SteveInChicago) and are evaluating the risks of bringing this function back (which seems to be requested by many of you) and if possible, when it will be available again.

I will let you know as soon as I have more information about this.

All the best
Hello Luis (or any Stenberg rep). Over 1 1/2 years has past since the quoted reply was posted. Please chime in and give us an update for what is going on with this request. There has got to be a Steinberg plan to bring this back or not. The Steinberg communication on this fairly hot topic has been scarce at best.

Looking forward to hear from you (Steinberg) soon Thanks

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

lucky909091

Post by lucky909091 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:53 pm

Steinberg, can you do anything for us to bring the mixer window "always on top" back to us?

There is no other show-stopper like this in my workflow. :|

jezburns

Post by jezburns » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Bumping this thread again. I've been a Cubase user since the earliest version - if 'Always on top' for the mixer isn't implemented in the next update I'm moving to Reaper.

NoMad92

Post by NoMad92 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:58 pm

I think we can sit on that thread for ever...they wont do it with a lame excuse (cause having the "e" AoT is hidind some plugins GUI too, tho we can put the "e" in AoT)

Here's the screen of what they answered me on twitter...It shows 1- they wont bring the AoT mixer function, and 2-they the way the answer disapointed customers !!!

(a thread started long time ago, plus so many people asking for it, but they answer "we deal with (others) voted by users problems so we cool" #xtraLOL)

PS: i wont even imagine that we could see 1 day a "ctrl+z" thing for the mixer only... how many times you would love to hit "ctrl+z" when moved a fader ????!!!!!???
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(67.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet

karlito

Post by karlito » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm

"...mixer AoT is not possible as it was the only way we could fix it ..." (the plugins windows disappearing behind the mixer)

Qt does support z order stacking, please implement it. Arranger 0, mixer 1, plugins 2

Code: Select all

void QGraphicsItem::setZValue(qreal z)

Sets the Z-value of the item to z. The Z value decides the stacking order of sibling (neighboring) items. A sibling item of high Z value will always be drawn on top of another sibling item with a lower Z value.
If this is too much to ask, for reasons that only the dev team knows, at least give us the option to deal with it, just like before. This is a must for users with 1 monitor setups.

"We have more than 1000 items on our FR list"
This is irrelevant, since we're not talking about a feature request, but a feature that we've all paid for which has now been removed without a proper replacement.
Censored signature.

NoMad92

Post by NoMad92 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:03 pm

karlito wrote:"...mixer AoT is not possible as it was the only way we could fix it ..." (the plugins windows disappearing behind the mixer)

Qt does support z order stacking, please implement it. Arranger 0, mixer 1, plugins 2

Code: Select all

void QGraphicsItem::setZValue(qreal z)

Sets the Z-value of the item to z. The Z value decides the stacking order of sibling (neighboring) items. A sibling item of high Z value will always be drawn on top of another sibling item with a lower Z value.
If this is too much to ask, for reasons that only the dev team knows, at least give us the option to deal with it, just like before. This is a must for users with 1 monitor setups.
Plus when you click on the "e" button on a track...the gui of that window if put in AoT, can block the view of plugins too, like the "gate plugin" and it's small gui...so why that window can and the mixer cant (be chosen to stay on top OR not)...we dont ask em to put the mixer in an AoT state, but bring back the user choice
karlito wrote:"We have more than 1000 items on our FR list"
This is irrelevant, since we're not talking about a feature request, but a feature that we've all paid for which has now been removed without a proper replacement.
EXACTLY !!!

;)

lucky909091

Post by lucky909091 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:37 pm

NoMad92 wrote:I think we can sit on that thread for ever...they wont do it with a lame excuse (cause having the "e" AoT is hidind some plugins GUI too, tho we can put the "e" in AoT)

Here's the screen of what they answered me on twitter...It shows 1- they wont bring the AoT mixer function, and 2-they the way the answer disapointed customers !!!

(a thread started long time ago, plus so many people asking for it, but they answer "we deal with (others) voted by users problems so we cool" #xtraLOL)

PS: i wont even imagine that we could see 1 day a "ctrl+z" thing for the mixer only... how many times you would love to hit "ctrl+z" when moved a fader ????!!!!!???
I am totally of your opinion.
I would like the option within the preferences menu just to deal with the AOT.
This would be more than I could expect and I would be very happy about this option.

hjwinge

Post by hjwinge » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 am

It is a little ironic if Steinberg dont bring back the AOT mixer when theres so much demand for it. It was a selling point on version 7, and even though it apparently has been buggy for some, it wasn´t for most users. Now look at the selling points of version 8 and 8.5 - the egde popups menus, name abbreviations and split loop/timeline that dont work at all and NOONE likes, it seems Steinberg want to keep these features.

If Steinberg can remove a feature from 7 to 8, they can hopefully remove features that dont work from 8 to 9 as well, and in the process bring back what the users want - a bugfixed AOT mixer, and a AOT project window as well.

kazuma0319

Post by kazuma0319 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 am

+1 :evil:

If I had known I would not have bought Cubase 8.
If I had known I would not have bought Cubase 8.

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:08 pm

Prock wrote:
Luis Dongo wrote:Hi guys,

just to chime in...

I am currently in conversations with the engineering and product planning teams to see what can be done about this. They are already aware of the situation (thanks to SteveInChicago) and are evaluating the risks of bringing this function back (which seems to be requested by many of you) and if possible, when it will be available again.

I will let you know as soon as I have more information about this.

All the best
Hello Luis (or any Stenberg rep). Over 1 1/2 years has past since the quoted reply was posted. Please chime in and give us an update for what is going on with this request. There has got to be a Steinberg plan to bring this back or not. The Steinberg communication on this fairly hot topic has been scarce at best.

Looking forward to hear from you (Steinberg) soon Thanks

Regards. 8-)
Seriously...

Someone at Steinberg should provide status for this issue. Communication is the key. Especially for one of the top requests on the forum (#6 when sorted by "Replies" and #4 when sorted by "Views"). For the life of me, I can't figure out why an update has not been provided since Luis Dongo chimed in over 1 1/2 years ago (on January 19, 2015).

If it's being considered... say it. If not... say it.

Simple. There is nothing hard about that.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Prock wrote:If it's being considered... say it. If not... say it.
+1
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

bigtonetim

Post by bigtonetim » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm

+1

I liked the full screen option in 6/7 (whenever it was)

Elias Reyes

Post by Elias Reyes » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Is there any way to return "back" to cubase 7. I need the mix always ahead and that it had cubase.
Is simply download it, or have to pay again?
The cubase 8 without the mix always ahead does not help me.
Answers, please.

Thank you

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:57 am

Elias Reyes wrote:Is there any way to return "back" to cubase 7
Yes, it's possible to have both Cubase 7 and Cubase 8 installed simultaneously on the same machine. Your Cubase 8 license will allow Cubase 7 to run. You can download the installation media for Cubase 7 here.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.0 • WaveLab 10.0.0 • SpectraLayers 6.0.20 • HALion 6.3.1 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:52 am

+1 and getting close to two years later.

Yup, this is pretty annoying alright. I was always working with the mixer AOT and would hit F3 to close it when needed. The mixer is something the user should always be in control of - it should never be doing something automatically. If I put it somewhere, it should stay there. Obedient mixer, heel.

Secondly, and I'm going to make this a separate suggestion (imo, it's a bug)... I don't think Alt-Tab is meant to be used within the architecture of a program - it's meant for switching between programs running in the background which is sometimes what I am doing.

Steinberg needs to open up their program to a more diverse and broader base of beta testers who actually use this program to make money so these mistakes don't happen anymore.

Hope this is a free update for 8/.5 users.

ResonantMind

Post by ResonantMind » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 pm

Bump? :shock: :oops:

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”