AAF please

Hi

Cubase can’t be “Pro” without AAF import … hell I have iPad apps which implement AAF!

Please modernize . OMF is deprecated and unsupported.

Thanks

+1

A must!

Bump

It’s really important !

I just scored 45 minutes of music for a TV show. The editor sent me the final edit of all the music tracks in AAF format so I could check everything before mixing. There was no way Cubase “Pro” 8 could read this, so I had to download and install the ProTools 11 trial, open the AAF there, export an OMF and import that into Cubase. How “pro” is that? This is ridiculous. Do I need to buy PT in order to handle basic stuff such as this? Nuendo is beside the point here, I don’t need advanced audio post-production software because I’m not mixing the program. I just need to compose to video and AAF import is an absolute necessity when doing that.

+1

I’d rather Cubase (and Nuendo) featured the full AA Translator conversion from any format. That would be amazing. But I’d settle for AAF!

+1

I’d also love for AAF support to be added to Cubase.

+1
Please I need this. At pro level it shouldn’t be too much of an ask.

+1

Bump.

AAF import/export, it’s already in Nuendo. It could just be enabled for Cubase too in Pro version, and they have a sellable feature for Cubase Pro 9…

As long the costs for this are kept seperate.(i.e. user pay principle) Not essential for everyone.
Btw - AAF was/is not an agreed std like the OMFI - would that make for more issues or less?

+1

As far as Logic X doesn’t support OMF anymore, there were some ocassions for me already to need AAF ability in Cubase! Still have to tell people to bounce complete wavs for file transfer, that’s not as elegant as it should be.

+1

+1

+1

In the meantime you want a good workaround?
Get the Nuendo demo, it works (worked at least) for 300 hrs. Should give you plenty of time to do as many AAF conversions you will need for quite some time.