[BON-18357] Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
Lasso

Re: Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups

Post by Lasso »

+1 good idea but horrible implementation
2015 MBP Retina @ 2,8 gHz, High Sierra, Cubase Pro 10, WaveLab Pro 9, UAD Apollo Twin, UAD Apollo Satellite Quad TB

AP

Post by AP »

+1
Please an option to remove them. I've been using Cubase 8 just because. They're driving me insane :o
Cubase Pro 10.5
Logic Pro X 10.5
Roland Zenbeats
15” MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB Ram, OS 10.15 UR28M, CMC.

kyleknapp

Re: Make Edge Zone optional

Post by kyleknapp »

It's a TERRIBLE feature. NOBODY likes it. Hundreds of comments on this forum attest to the fact that it is hampers our workflow and offers nothing of value in return. I've seen NOT ONE comment from anyone who actually uses it or thinks it's a good idea.

Is there any indication that anyone from Steinberg has even noticed our complaints about this? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any. I saw an "open letter" from Steinberg assuring us of their commitment to "Tending to customer feedback" and "ensuring usability", but no mention of this issue.
~kyle

kyle knapp, Omaha NE USA
www.drycreekstudio.com | Cubase 10.5.20 | Windows 10 | Core i5 2400 | 16GB RAM | RME Raydat

kyleknapp

Post by kyleknapp »

Steinberg, are you listening?

Five pages of commentary in this thread alone (not a single one favorable) indicates this is a serious problem. And yet I've seen no acknowledgement from the Overlords that they've even noticed. (Of course I haven't read EVERY page on this forum, maybe I overlooked it).

This is now a deal breaker for me. I WILL NOT buy another Cubase upgrade if it doesn't fix this problem.
~kyle

kyle knapp, Omaha NE USA
www.drycreekstudio.com | Cubase 10.5.20 | Windows 10 | Core i5 2400 | 16GB RAM | RME Raydat

kamalski

Post by kamalski »

same here. i'm on the edge of swapping over to Studio One. they seem way more responsive and implement all the strangely obvious, common sense features that i am missing in Cubase. the only thing holding me back is the prospect of a learning curve, but even that looks less daunting the more i engage with Studio One. and i am saying this after working with Cubase since its inception in the 80's!!
http://www.artofaudio.com.au
PC: AAVIM TECHNOLOGY PXS 6K
OS: Win10 64bit (update blocked!)/ MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7/ CPU: Intel i7 6850K - 3.6 GHz/
RAM: 32 GB PC4 21300 Quad-Channel DDR4/ GrFx: NVIDIA Quadro NVS
monitor: 2x SONY Bravia 42"/ 2x UAD-2 OCTO DSP card/ RME Fireface UFX

dgmulf

Post by dgmulf »

+1 I'll put in my vote here.

sasha-che

Post by sasha-che »

Lasso wrote:+1 good idea but horrible implementation
What exactly is good about it?
Nothing.

matjones

Post by matjones »

I am getting seriously pee'd off with this now.... every time my mouse goes near the edge of a window......
I would imagine if one has a 4K display and some kind of mouse/pointing device with a resolution of about 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 DPI it might work but FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

Jolaff

Post by Jolaff »

+1 !!

N_K

Post by N_K »

+1 for making this user preference.

jorisdeman

Post by jorisdeman »

Yes, please remove. An absolute workflow killer.
Hover pop-ups are generally terrible for GUI's anyway..it either means you have to wait, or it pops up when you don't want to.
Also, was this functionality not already incorporated in the Window layout button?
Nuendo 10, Mac Os Mojave / Windows 10 | iMac Pro 8 core | X-keys |PT Control | VSLE Pro | UAD Apollo Quad via Thunderbolt | Dual Xeon & i7 Hexacore Slave PC's | G-tech G-Raid drives

www.jorisdeman.com

hjwinge

Post by hjwinge »

jorisdeman wrote:Yes, please remove. An absolute workflow killer.
Hover pop-ups are generally terrible for GUI's anyway..it either means you have to wait, or it pops up when you don't want to.
Also, was this functionality not already incorporated in the Window layout button?
Agreed, just put the buttons up there next to the other tools, no need for an extra click to access a blured menuscreen for these few buttons. And I dont even use chords or racks at all, so these popups are extremly annoying. Everything else, KC!
Main studio: Cubase pro 10.0.3, Wavelab 9.5, mac pro middle 2012, saffire pro 40, waves 9, 10 and 11, t-racks, plugin alliance, superior drummer and komplete, and much more. Mackie D8B with probox DAW controller (MCU protocoll and Generic remote)

Classroom 1: imac with Cubase elements 10, saffire pro 40, behringer x32 as DAW controller MCU or MIDI/generic remote
Classroom 2: mac pro 2011, Cubase elements 10.5, protools 11, scarlet 18i20, 3d gen

AP

Post by AP »

Here's a suggestion make it pop only if you click on it... :geek:
Cubase Pro 10.5
Logic Pro X 10.5
Roland Zenbeats
15” MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB Ram, OS 10.15 UR28M, CMC.

The Truffle King

Post by The Truffle King »

AP wrote:+1
Please an option to remove them. I've been using Cubase 8 just because. They're driving me insane :o
Absolute truth. Happens to me easily 100 times in a long session. Makes me very angry...yes, insane! I swear, rant, even throw things.

If you were trying to design the most annoying feature to add to a DAW, this would be it. Maybe it was planned this way to force an upgrade to Cubase 9 just to get out of this hell.
Cubase Pro 8.5, MacBook Pro-i5, SSDs, 16 GB RAM, UAD-2 Apollo & Satellite (Thunderbolt), NI, IK, Waves,PSP, etc.

matjones

Post by matjones »

The Truffle King wrote:
AP wrote:+1
Absolute truth. Happens to me easily 100 times in a long session. Makes me very angry...yes, insane! I swear, rant, even throw things.

If you were trying to design the most annoying feature to add to a DAW, this would be it. Maybe it was planned this way to force an upgrade to Cubase 9 just to get out of this hell.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels driven to this..... if the person who came up with this 'feature' were in the same room as me yesterday when i had a similar experience, then seriously i would have torn them a 'new one' and rammed something incredibly large, abrasive and with many sharp corners up said new one..... a large pineapple springs to mind! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PLEASE can we at least have some kind of hotfix to at least disable this?
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

smartinuf

Post by smartinuf »

+1
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8 Ghz (early 2008), 10.10.5, 12 gig RAM, RME Digiface, UAD2, Macbook Pro (Late 2008) Fireface 800, Cubase 8.0.35, 8.5.1, Wavelab 8.5.3, Wavelab Elements 8

Shift+G

Post by Shift+G »

+1

After *months* of giving this feature a fair trial, unintentional/unwanted pop ups still out-number useful/desired pop ups about 100 to 1. OPTION TO DISABLE PLEASE!!!

rockrecorder

Post by rockrecorder »

+1

Steinberg people: P.L.E.A.S.E. give us the option to disable this feature. It is annoying beyond words. Like so many others have stated in this thread, it messes up the workflow to such an extent.
It might seem like a trivial thing, but I can assure you, it is downright infuriating. Imagine me relentlessly popping my head in front of yours, blocking your line of sight, every time you move your hand towards "Enter" or "Space", while working on programming the next installment of Cubase.
Cubase Pro 10 64bit | Wavelab Pro 9.5 | Win10 64bit | Intel core i7-5820K 3,3Ghz | ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 w/ ASRock Thunderbolt 2 AIC | 64Gb RAM | Lynx Aurora 16VT TB x 3 | UAD Quad x 2, Octo x 4

Niles

Re: Make Edge Zone optional

Post by Niles »

kyleknapp wrote:Is there any indication that anyone from Steinberg has even noticed our complaints about this? I may have missed it, but I haven't seen any. I saw an "open letter" from Steinberg assuring us of their commitment to "Tending to customer feedback" and "ensuring usability", but no mention of this issue.
You don't know it yet, but in Cubase 9 a basic sampler will pop out of the edge when you hover there.

The Elf

Post by The Elf »

I say don't give us an option, but simply cast it into the pit of 'why did we ever think that was a good idea?'. An option switch only makes sense if some will use the feature and others won't. This thread suggests that nobody will switch it on.
Last edited by The Elf on Mon May 23, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Eagle for an Emperor... A Kestrel for a Knave.

Weasel

Post by Weasel »

I say don't give us an option, but simply cast it into the pit of 'why we did we ever think that was a good idea?'. An option switch only makes sense if some will use the feature and others won't. This thread suggests that nobody will switch it on.
I agree. Why even bother coding a Preference option to shut off a bad idea in the first place? Into the Cornfield™ with it, I say.
Dual 6 Core 2.66 MacPro/48GB RAM • OSX 10.14.6 • Cubase 10.5.20 • MOTU 424e/2408mk3 • 2-MOTU MIDI Express 128's

Oh.....so this is the Cornfield?....

gmmccurdy

Post by gmmccurdy »

ARGHHHHHHH I hate this feature!!!! I was hoping the last update would delete it. GEEZ!!!! I think I'd rather deal with Microsoft Clippy!!!!
Mark
================================
Macbook Pro - OSX 10.11.3 - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
500 Gig SSD Hard Drive
Presonus Firestudio Project I/O
Cubase 9
================================

sidfrancis

Post by sidfrancis »

Away with it, really disturbing!
Liebe ist das Zentrum der Musik. Ist keine Liebe darin handelt es sich um ein Geräusch

forshaw

Post by forshaw »

yes, this is a really aggravating feature, please get rid of it or at least make it optional

nkf

Post by nkf »

First I thought that this is a graphics bug or something. This is some really annoying nonsense. At least there should be an option to switch this crap off!

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”