Cubase 9 Wants and Wishes

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
cubaserebel

Cubase 9 Wants and Wishes

Post by cubaserebel » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:01 pm

I have been Cubase / Steinberg user for more years than I can remember and really LOVE 8.5. Here are some of my wants and wishes for Cubase 9.

-Automation linking:
I know there are other ways to achieve this but I would like to ability to link automation edits on any selected tracks.

-Mulit format mix down:
The ability to mix down in multiple formats at one. A big time saver.

-AAF Support:
I believe Nuendo has this. Cubase should as well.

-Edit Mode
Nuendo has a feature that lets the the cursor follows edit positions. For example if you grab an audio event and move it along the timeline the cursor will follow. Very helpful with a video track as well. I know Nuendo is marketed for “post production” but other DAWs have this feature and I don’t really consider this a post only feature. Many composers would get a lot of use out of this.

-Re arrange Rack / Track Instruments:
There has been many times where I have wanted to be able to re-arrange Rack / Track instruments based on use to adjust quick controls. I know this can be done in track pane but if you are using something like the Steinberg CMC-AI you can quickly hover over the controls in Racks/Tracks to adjust.

-Drag / Copy Track Pictures:
It would be nice to be able to quickly drag / copy a track picture from one track to another in the mixer window.

-Move tracks in mixer independently from edit window:
It would be great to be able to re arrange tracks in mixer independently from edit window. Maybe there could be an option to sync / unlink like there is for visibility.

-Track overlay:
The ability to choose the wave form of any track on an automation track. For instance if you have group volumes at the bottom of a session or the master volume and you want to automate that to a track all the way at the top of the session this would be helpful. I know you can create visibility agents for just those tracks but I think this would be a nice option.

-Track Versions on Marker Track:
It would be great to have track versions on the marker track. This is very helpful when sketching out ideas / compositions.

-Multiple Marker Tracks:
Also would be very helpful to be able to have more than one marker for keeping track of different areas of a song or composition. One Marker track could be the structure of the track while another could be for cues or dialog.

-Editing groups:
The ability to have editing groups to quickly access events that are not linked a folder.

Just my 2 cents...Thanks!

hootch

Re: Cubase 9 Wants and Wishes

Post by hootch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:07 pm

+1 for the Edit mode in Cubase, if I don't see this feature in Cubase 9 I will switch the DAW, I have waited to long for them to implement this.

trashdinner

Post by trashdinner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Huge +1 for edit mode! This has to come to Cubase! Almost every other DAW have that feature and Nuendo has enough exclusive features to justify the purchase now.

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:06 pm

I think, if you really want to make an impact you'd post one request per thread. Though SB is fully aware of these requests.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, and Dorico Pro; latest versions available.
Windows Pro 10 | i7-3770k | GA-77x-UD5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid
Macbook Pro 2011 | Mac OS 10.11
not a steinberg employee

tim_heinrich

Post by tim_heinrich » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Multiple Marker Tracks are possible at Nuendo.

Editing Groups: Do you mean CMD+G?

Elias Reyes

Post by Elias Reyes » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:12 pm

SteveInChicago wrote:I think, if you really want to make an impact you'd post one request per thread. Though SB is fully aware of these requests.
But although they are aware they ignore it. It has been requested by several threads and multiple times around mixconsole always front and deaf ears ...

:x

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

That's my point, you refer to "it", but there's no way to know what it you mean. ;)
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, and Dorico Pro; latest versions available.
Windows Pro 10 | i7-3770k | GA-77x-UD5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid
Macbook Pro 2011 | Mac OS 10.11
not a steinberg employee

cubaserebel

Post by cubaserebel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:31 pm

SteveInChicago wrote:I think, if you really want to make an impact you'd post one request per thread. Though SB is fully aware of these requests.
I have been keeping a list and just wanted to put it up in one thread for discussion.

cubaserebel

Post by cubaserebel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:34 pm

tim_heinrich wrote:Multiple Marker Tracks are possible at Nuendo.

Editing Groups: Do you mean CMD+G?
Yes CMD+G but with a list...similar to how PT handles edit groups.If that was combined to work with visibility agents you can call it up like an edit group basically..with a way to keep track of it.

Elias Reyes

Post by Elias Reyes » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Need you back the console mix "always on top". Working with a notebook and is very annoying to disappear all the time. final choice: I had to switch to cubase 7 does have the option.

At some genius it thought that was not necessary and point.

I have said and I repeat, if not return the console mix "always on top" will not buy cubase 9.

me no good, that simple

Sorry but every time I've tried to work with the 8 (which brings other elemmentos that makes me easier work) and I can not; I bother much. I have a thermos in the head

:oops:

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”