Batch Export Problem (all tracks are stereo)

I run Cubase 8.5 and normally batch export my individual drum tracks to send to clients. I have never had a problem doing this until about 2 weeks ago, when I had a client inform me that all of the files I sent them were in stereo. I checked the problem on my end and found that all of my drum tracks, both those recorded in mono (kick, snare, toms) and stereo (overheads) were exported in stereo formats. I’ve opened a few other projects for testing and the same thing keeps happening. I have tried every possible permutation of settings in the Export Audio Mixdown Audio Engine Output section with no luck in getting my mono tracks to export as mono and my stereo tracks as stereo. I used to be able to do this on a weekly basis with no problem.

The only thing I can think of that changed was that I began using the control room mixer a few weeks ago, however I have tried exporting my files with then control room mixer enable, and disabled, and neither has seemed to change the situation.

If anyone has any advice on how I can fix this problem and have my files export the same way they were recorded I would greatly appreciate it. I’ve spend hours trying to solve the problem and have reached the point where I don’t know what else to try.

Thank you.

Ticking the mono downmix box is the only way to create a mono file…in which case they’re all mono on that pass.

It’s always been this way …no idea what you were doing on a weekly basis but I’m sure you weren’t simultaneously exporting mono and stereo files with channel batch export.

When is cubase going to have an option for this " Preserve Mono channels" Its way behind on this point !!!

GET IT SORTED !!!