Issues with windows media player after installing Cubase Elements 8

Hi guys

I’ve got an issue about my windows media player, this app says “Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.” . the notification just shows up after I installed the cubase elements 8. My computer using a Win 10 and i have a soundcard, Steinberg CI2+. Everything works well on the sounds, when the soundcard is not plugged in. But the notification will show up again when my steinberg connected with the driver.

I know from the diferrent issues when some people used the cubase and WMP together, it will have the same problems with mine. But in my case, I’m not using my cubase (or any DAW at all), and try to play my music using WMP after rendering from my project but that notification shows up. I try to reinstalled all sounds driver (included yamaha steinberg and primary sound driver), updating codecs, reinstalled all my DAW (FL Studio, Live 9 Suite and Cubase 8), and the problems still not fixed at all.

maybe somebody can help me out there, pleasseee :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
it can be usefull for using english if you try to answer this issues.

Thanks for your help :smiley:

If you only get the message when playing rendered audio it would suggest you are exporting to a format WMP (or windows audio through the CI2) can’t handle.

Can you post a screencap of your render settings.