My keyboard stops working

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
miguethor

My keyboard stops working

Post by miguethor » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:38 pm

So now I have this problem... Everytime I open Cubase 8 LE, I can play with my piano for like 5 minutes (sometimes less) and then suddenly stops working and to solve it I got to close Cubase, turn off and on again the piano and then open Cubase again.

The driver I'm using is Yamaha Steinberg USB, i'm using the latest version (this was recommended in the opening screen of Cubase)

My keyboard is a Casio Px-5S and it's plugged in my PC. It's also plugged in my Yamaha AG-06 with the Stereo L and R.

Prock

Re: My keyboard stops working

Post by Prock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:26 am

Is it possible that your computer power settings are set to save power by turning off certain USB ports. If not... try connecting to a different USB port.

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

miguethor

Post by miguethor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Prock wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:26 am
Is it possible that your computer power settings are set to save power by turning off certain USB ports. If not... try connecting to a different USB port.

Regards. 8-)
I connected it to a different USB port and it seems to be solved now, thanks! But just to let you know, i've been using it for almost 1 year and I haven't had a problem with that until now, why's that? And also, I discovered that it stopped working whenever I pressed the keys very hard.

Thanks again :)

Prock

Post by Prock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:28 pm

You are welcome. :)

Tough to say... maybe a recent computer OS update? You don't list it but, I assume you are running Windows. If Win 10 then we all know there have been a lot of updates that just might change settings and break things like you described.

Probably would be a good idea to check if you have the latest Yamaha/Steinberg driver installed. Maybe that would fix a few things too.

Regardless... I'm glad you got it running again. ;)

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “Issues”