Monologue/embracer suddenly not recognised

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
dlf

Monologue/embracer suddenly not recognised

Post by dlf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 am

I have been using monologue and embracer just fine the past two years with Cubase 8.5 with the use of jbridge. However...suddenly I open up a project and the embracer and monologue plugin are not visible. I tried for hours with jbridging them again...creating a 'synth' folder...putting the nessessary 'fxb' 'dat' 'vstxml' files in the synth folder too. But the synths are showing up as effects/fx (as inserts)

I have heaps of projects using these plugins. Yes I try padshop....retrologue etc but they can't replace the sound I like for these great plugins so they are not replacements. Monologue is very distinctive and sounds nothing like retrologue etc. Thankyou in advance

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Monologue/embracer suddenly not recognised

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:30 am

Hi,

Do these synths work with built-in VST Bridge?
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

dlf

Re: Monologue/embracer suddenly not recognised

Post by dlf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:01 pm

No the in built bridge won't work on these plugins

I did get j bridge to make these plugins work two years ago with Cubase 8.5 but yesterday they just stopped working and now appear as inserts....although you cannot use them as they are not properly categorized. They are categorized as 'fx' under plugin manager

However....I have found a workaround. I spent today installing Cubase 8.5 (32 bit) and I bridged all my 64 bit plugins using j bridge. Monologue...tonic and embracer will work in 32 version of Cubase 8.5. At least I can resuce my songs

Cheers

Return to “Issues”