Disk cache meter spiking with audio drops - unable to find cause

Hi, thanks for the reply,

Have you tried any of these…

None of the issues mention there are the problem, but I’ve done them anyway to no improvement.

“Then choose “clean install” and untick all of the other stuff that gets installed (not needed unless you are a gamer).”

Unfortunately I am. So I can’t remove all of it. But I removed the 3D vision driver and the HD audio driver, basically everything but the physics driver. No effect.

Is your eLicenser dongle an older one? Maybe a newer version would help.

I think it’s new enough, it came with my copy of Cubase 7. My iLok is a 2.0, but I only use it for about 3 plugins. I ran the eliencer update and iLok updates too.

If you have MS Office installed on this PC

Deactivate any unneeded Add Ins, there was only 3 activated anyway. No effect.

I’ve realised that this issue seems to be specific to a certain project. It effects it even with 100% of plugins removed. Projects on the same drive are totally fine. I thought it might be an issue of the project being stored in Dropbox, so I took it out and placed it in a folder outside of Dropbox. That didn’t work, so I moved it to a brand new drive that is newly formatted and basically empty. That didn’t work either.

I have one last thing to test, which is that the chopped edits are using Variaudio, so is to remove that from any of the samples.