Hub not connecting on Win 7 Cubase 8

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
bcarwell

Hub not connecting on Win 7 Cubase 8

Post by bcarwell » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Left side of my Steinberg Hub in Cubase 8 on Windows 7 does not connect. I have checked the Use Hub box in Preferences.

My internet connection works just fine on this computer.

Any ideas how to fix ?

Bob

bcarwell

Re: Hub not connecting on Win 7 Cubase 8

Post by bcarwell » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm

And is there any way to access the HUB once you have passed the initial bootup screen and gone into a Project ?

BTW the Hub does not connect on my Cubase 7 either...

Bob

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 pm

bcarwell wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm
And is there any way to access the HUB once you have passed the initial bootup screen and gone into a Project ?

Bob
Hitting File>New Project should open the Project Assistant and the Hub if you have it checked in the preferences like you said.

Question...
Did the hub ever work for you?

I ask because, around here the "Hub" has it's good and bad hair days. Meaning, sometimes it connects and there are periods when it doesn't. I think it is related to issues on the Steinberg server side of things. Just make sure your version of Windows and CB are up to date for the best shot at fixing this.

Regardless, it's rare when I find anything posted in the "news" section of the hub that is timely. So Typically I'll only use the hub when I want to see things in the "New Features" section. Also, I find that my CB starts faster without loading the hub.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Horst

Post by Horst » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:34 pm

For a solution please refer to this post: viewtopic.php?f=253&t=127414&hilit=hub+connect
Regards, Horst

Cubase Pro 10 (and earlier versions)
WaveLab Pro 9.5 (and earlier versions)

Horst

Post by Horst » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:39 pm

bcarwell wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Bob
To access the Hub once you have closed it press <CTRL> + <N>, or click on Hub (names vary in different Cubase versions) in the menu bar.
Regards, Horst

Cubase Pro 10 (and earlier versions)
WaveLab Pro 9.5 (and earlier versions)

Return to “Issues”