LFO midi sync not working

Use this forum for an overview of collected issues and to report new ones.
sharmayelverton

LFO midi sync not working

Post by sharmayelverton » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm driving myself insane trying to figure out what's going wrong and I'm starting to think it might be a bug with this.

I'm having a problem with the midi sync setting on the LFO for the Mystic, Prologue and Spector synths (I don't currently have any third party synths to try). I'm able to successfully apply an LFO effect to the synth so long as I have it set to 'part', 'voice' or 'key. However as soon as I apply 'midi', the LFO has absolutely no effect. I've tried this on a number of patches and parameters but I'm not having any luck. This should be a fairly straight forward thing to do.

I'm running Cubase 8 Artist in 64bit on a macbook pro, OSX 10.10.3 (Yosemite). I'm fairly new to Cubase although I've been sequencing in Logic for years.

I would very grateful for any suggestions. Thank you!

Sharma

Sniper0ne

Re: LFO midi sync not working

Post by Sniper0ne » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 am

I have the same problem! Did you find any solution so far?

Best regards

sharmayelverton

Post by sharmayelverton » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:43 am

I'm afraid not. I've given up and just use third party synths instead.

Bithead

Post by Bithead » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:09 pm

+ Bump!

I am having the same issue (currently, with the Cubase 9 versions of Prologue and Spector). All other third-party VSTs I have sync to the midi clock without issue. The only VSTs I cannot get to sync to midi are Steinberg's own?
Cubase 9.0.30 | iMac 21" Late 2013, MacOS Sierra (10.12.6) | TC Electronic StudioKonnect 48 | Akai MPD18 |KRK VXT6 | Rode K2

aidaboyle

Post by aidaboyle » Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 am

+ Bump

This was already an issue in Cubase 8.5 64bit, and still is. The LFO in Mystic has no affect if you use MIDI sync option. Really frustrating!!!

PS. I just tested it with Cubase 8.5 32bit and it functions correctly in this case. Not very satisfactory, Steinberg, since 32bit is soon to be obsolete!
Cubase 8.5.30 64bit | Macbook Pro mid 2009, MacOS El Capitan (10.11.6) |

Return to “Issues”