AAF files with multiple sample rates

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
Neil K

Re: AAF files with multiple sample rates

Post by Neil K » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Heiner:
I know I'm sounding like an old fart now, but that has slipped in recent years, as the technical skills of SOME newer colleagues leave somewhat to be desired, let's say...
Yes, we're old farts now - I've been farting for more than 30 years since it was mag stock and sample rate meant how fast you could try every beer on tap before last call. Current software built on our backs usually just magically works, leaving most new users oblivious to pitfalls. Then when it does happen, it's hard to "retrain" users to look out for potential problems because they never had to experience the pain of them happening everyday. But I wouldn't go back to "the good old days" for anything.
Neil Kesterson
Dynamix Productions
Lexington, KY

http://www.dxaudio.com

Nuendo 10.x
Mac Pro Late 2013 Trashcan (3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5; 32GB 18663MHz DDR3 ECC memory)
Glyph GT062E 2Tb RAID (USB3) + many other hard drives
Yamaha n12; Steinberg MR816X
Endless pot of coffee

misjavw

Re: AAF files with multiple sample rates

Post by misjavw » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:18 pm

I haven't installed the latest update (7.1.0) for Nuendo yet, I am on 7.0.40. But does anybody know if the "AAF with multiple sample rates" - issue has been fixed in it? I can't find any reference to that in the version info. And in my opinion it is an issue that MUST be addressed in an upcoming update. I still receive AAF's from editors with multiple sample rates which are not imported correctly. For this reason I have ProTools as well to import the AAF, and then export it as AAF to Nuendo.

Can anybody at Steinberg tell us if, and when this issue will be fixed??
www.audiochef.nl
Nuendo 10.2.0 / Wavelab 8.5 / Protools 12
MacPro 5.1 12Core 3.46GHz Intel Xeon/ 48GB RAM/ Mac OSX 10.12.6
MOTU UltraLite MK3 / Mackie Control Pro / Mackie Control Extender
iPad / TouchOSC / PT Control

Return to “General”