Cue Panning in 5.1 project: still not working?

Is cue panning in a 5.1 project still not working?
On my rigs I can’t control the panning of my cues, whether they are mono or stereo…The panner stays on the left side of its frame while I hear everything which is sent by this cue-send in the center…?

Am I doing something wrong or is this feature still not working?

Niek/ Amsterdam

I have the same problem with the cubase pro version 9.5!!! Weird!!!

Insert the “Mix6to2” plugin into your 5.1 channels

Fredo

Fredo, I don’t understand your solution.
When I work in a 5.1 project (a 5.1 output bus is set to “Main Mix”), the cue-send-panners don’t function, neither when they are on mono, stereo nor 5.1 channels. The panner stays on the left side of its frame while I hear everything in the center…?

When I work in a stereo project (a stereo output bus is set to “Main Mix”), the cue-send-panners work as expected.

I can’t see where I should insert the “Mix6to2 plugin” into?

I think Steinberg forgot to build in downmixers into their Cue-buses?
I hope they implement them when they are writing the add-more-cue-buses-update…hopefully in N8.2?

My apologies.

We always work with stereo busses whenever we are recording into a surround session, because you create a gazillion of problems by wanting to stay in 5.1. These are our sub-projects (Foley/ADR/ SFX drop/ …) which are later imported into the main (5.1) mix project.

So my answer was releated to the fact that sometimes there are 5.1 files present in one of these stereo sub-projects.
These need the mix 6to 2 because indeed the Cue sends have no downmixer in place.

HTH
Fredo

Hearing someone else’s workflow sometimes brings a solution as a result, so: thanks anyway!