Cannot overwrite old files

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
javamusic

Cannot overwrite old files

Post by javamusic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:03 pm

I installed a new DAW and connected all data drives as usual. I have built my DAW many times and had no problem until this time, strangely, all old Nuendo projects ( and Cubase projects, I also run Cubase 8.5 ) cannot be saved over. I have Auto-save on and every time Nuendo auto-save it will alert me that the npr projects cannot be written over and it will save in whatever name-01.npr then the next auto saving time, whatever name-02.npr etc.. The strange thing is that besides not being able to overwrite the old file, it cannot auto save in BAK file which is the default for auto save. I have checked the drive is not write protect.

Then I deleted the old npr file ( backup first of course ) and saved it using the original name, then everything is back to normal, it will save in BAK again. Anyone can explain this behaviour?
Core 7 - 4790 4GHz
32G RAM
64 bit Windows 10
Slave 2 other workstations running 6 instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro ( 3 64 bit, 3 32 bit )
Cubase 8.5

Fredo
External Moderator

Re: Cannot overwrite old files

Post by Fredo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm

Maybe your old backup files are read-only!?
Or you don't have the proper permissions to overwrite the file.

Fredo

javamusic

Re: Cannot overwrite old files

Post by javamusic » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:59 pm

No, it is not that. They are not read-only.
Core 7 - 4790 4GHz
32G RAM
64 bit Windows 10
Slave 2 other workstations running 6 instances of Vienna Ensemble Pro ( 3 64 bit, 3 32 bit )
Cubase 8.5

Return to “General”