Does "RX Connect" work for you?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Does "RX Connect" work for you?

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:41 am

(Moderator: Please understand that not all users of Nuendo read both sections. That's why I posted this topic twice. So please don't delete it.)

Pretty straight forward. Does it work as advertized for you 100% of the time?

I got an email back from RX tech support saying it works "90% of the time" and it appears neither Steinberg nor iZotope care about this any longer. Can you guys please let me know if it's working so we can perhaps figure out if there is something in setup/procedure that can be changed to make it work for the rest of us....?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX 7/ Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Chewy Papadopoulos

Re: Does "RX Connect" work for you?

Post by Chewy Papadopoulos » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:31 am

It messed up on me today! So, let's say it has worked for me about 98% of the time.

Had been doing a lot of processing, and can only assume that either the computer or Nuendo got tired. Restart got everything back on track. I hope. Track was not importing; opening RX Connect the second time (after hitting "send back to Nuendo") just wasn't working.

Chewy
N10x, C8, Cubasis, Halion, UAD-2s (Quad PCI, Satellite & SOLO/Laptop), Fireface 800, UR-22, MC Control, MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz, 64 Gigs RAM OS 10.14.4; MacBook Pro 4 core, 16 Gigs, OS 10.13.6

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:16 am

Are you able to use "reference" as well, or only "repair"?

My problems are outlined here
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX 7/ Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:35 am

I hate RX connect.

The entire workflow is ridiculous, not very 2015 at all.

Steinberg has it's own "Melodyne editor" inside Cubase but they still need to think about an RX inside Nuendo - at least they need better integration.

It's the kind of thing that REALLY matters to users.

Ideally it should be possible to right / double click an event and have RX take over!
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

Chewy Papadopoulos

Post by Chewy Papadopoulos » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:28 pm

Lydiot wrote:Are you able to use "reference" as well, or only "repair"?
Frankly, I don't remember. I know I tried the "reference" function when RX Connect first showed up, but have never thought about it since.

On the other hand, I HAVE been bothered by the multiple clip issues you noted in the GS post. I've adapted my work to use RX Connect only when it's the convenient option (for example, experimenting on single, usually long files, mainly in the process of developing presets for batch processing later in the standalone app). For everything else, I use the VST plugin modules (which of course means using the RX3 Spectral Editor).

Your noted issues have pretty much all bothered me at one time or another-- the looping playback thing is especially annoying. It would obviously be great if the RX Connect experience were made more elegant. When I said it worked 98% of the time, I wasn't factoring in that it's always a pain in the butt!

Chewy
N10x, C8, Cubasis, Halion, UAD-2s (Quad PCI, Satellite & SOLO/Laptop), Fireface 800, UR-22, MC Control, MacPro 12 core 3.46GHz, 64 Gigs RAM OS 10.14.4; MacBook Pro 4 core, 16 Gigs, OS 10.13.6

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Oliver.Lucas wrote:I hate RX connect.

The entire workflow is ridiculous, not very 2015 at all.

Steinberg has it's own "Melodyne editor" inside Cubase but they still need to think about an RX inside Nuendo - at least they need better integration.

It's the kind of thing that REALLY matters to users.

Ideally it should be possible to right / double click an event and have RX take over!
See, in Pro Tools I can leave the "connect" audiosuite plugin window open. I do my editing, and when I find a spot that needs RX I highlight the region, click "connect" once, and it'll import into and switch to RX automatically. I'll do my restoration and click "send back" and it'll do that and switch back to PT. Then I just hit "render" and it's done. So the process takes two clicks within Pro Tools. To me that seems as close to what you suggest as possible.

It seems to me that Nuendo's window (mis)management along with always closing the offline process window causes problems. It could of course be something else, but it's super-annoying that iZotope and Steinberg aren't fixing this. It'd be one thing if this was a plugin nobody uses, but it's almost become standard software for restoration in post.

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Lydiot wrote:.... It'd be one thing if this was a plugin nobody uses, but it's almost become standard software for restoration in post.
Exactly, Steinberg need to see that this is super important for post users.
I've been CRYING for drag and drop audio support for YEARS now.
Man, this is SO annoying.
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings

Return to “General”