Disable Mouse Wheel for Changing Values

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
ChrisPolus

Disable Mouse Wheel for Changing Values

Post by ChrisPolus »

I hate the mouse wheel for changing values. Scrolling the wheel, depending on how fast you setup scrolling speed, is very imprecise.

For example, when scrolling through the track inspector. I use the scroll wheel to scroll from top to bottom. I have sections pinned so they stay open and I scroll through them to get to the section I want. But when my mouse happens to come to rest on a EQ parameter, scrolling the mouse wheel suddenly starts wildly changing settings and moving a frequency band.

All I want from a mouse wheel is that it scrolls through long lists or windows. Not changing parameters.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it? I only found a setting to enable the mouse wheel to move fades. But not to disable it for all kinds of value operations. Or have I missed something? It's driving me nuts.
Handmade Win10 x64 Machine, Intel 6 Core CPU, ASUS Prime Board, 16GB RAM, 1080 GTX
MacBook Pro 15" Late 2016 with Touchbar, latest macOS, 16GB RAM
Latest Nuendo version, Logic Pro X, Reaper, UAD Apollo Duo + Twin MK2 via Thunderbolt

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Disable Mouse Wheel for Changing Values

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is no way, how to forbid the mouse wheel to control other parameters. There is this settings, you mentioned, but it doesn't solve it, in fact.

To be honest, I just learnt, where is it save place to scroll. Which are save places, and which are risky.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Jopidia

Post by Jopidia »

I'd like to hit on this subject again. Is there still no way to disable the scroll wheel? It's not the biggest deal as long as you know the safe places to put your mouse when you're scrolling, but I'm worried of accidentally changing something without knowing.
Cubase Elements 10

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

No change in this topic in Cubase 10.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

mxchf

Post by mxchf »

I have the same annoyance in HALion 6 ... I really wish that Steinberg read this and consider (an option) disabling scroll-wheel value adjustments. MANY of us don't want it. I think it's a big deal.
Soundcard: RME HDSPe AIO
Steinberg Software: WaveLab Pro | SpectraLayers | HALion | Groove Agent (latest editions)
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K 3,7GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB DIMM 3000MHz
Disk(s): Samsung 960 EVO m.2 SSD 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula
Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q 25'' 240Hz 1ms G-SYNC monitor

Laegolasse

Post by Laegolasse »

I agree. This is very annoying. Since I always try to use mouse when scrolling through a bunch of track in mixconsole, I can always accidentally tweak an EQ, or track volume, or anything else if my mouse is pointing at a parameter and not at a scroll section.

richardprank

Post by richardprank »

I would like to address this issue again. Is there still no way to turn off the scroll wheel? It's not the biggest problem as long as you know the safe places to place your mouse while scrolling, but I'm afraid I accidentally change something without knowing it.

Return to “General”