Avid Support Asks: What is WL's dependency on CFnd.dll?

Hi there.
I am only a guest: a user who encountered a similar issue with ProTools and Cakewalk by Bandlab.
The Cakewalk friends in the forum directed me to this thread which seems to be unsolved.
With their expertise - and not with help from AVID, I am afraid to say - I could get rid of the issue and hope what I will relay here might eventually help you here to solve your issue.

Thanks for your posts, Cakewalk friend, brillant.
I shall put that all in the thread I have with AVID.
Of course I can try out renaming that digiasio.dll, first I’d have to see the properties:
Years ago, when PtoTools was made by Digidesign, I had an LE version which I abandoned (Cakewalk Sonar was way better then!) but never deinstalled from my PC.
I turned back to PT as alternative DAW when there was the “Gibson Crash” and it was unclear what youd happen to Cakewalk after that. At that time of course I deinstalled the old PT version. But I am not sure if I did that only after installing the new PT version and some how what dll “survived” on my PC. I’ll check that tonight…
If that dll is older than2 years, I will even try to delete it, start PT, and if that works, I will shred it from my bin.
Sure I will tell here, and there.
Thankx again.

(in the evening…)
Searching my PC for that file digiasio.dll, I found 2 of them with identical name but different ages (one of 2015, the other one from April 2018), and in different locations.
I deleted the older one and first tried to open ProTools, and a session there. No problem encountered.
Now I opened Cakewalk, NOT as admin, - - - NO PROBLEMS ANYMORE! Yay!
But I shall watch this…

So maybe I am not the only one with that “installation history”, although such a search might take some time, for PCs: I found the bad one at
C:\Windows\SysWOW64, , no idea about Macs: please try by yourselves. This bad one I will shred now from my bin. Rest in pieces.