1.0.10 Install Failed - MacOS Sierra

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
ryanwms

1.0.10 Install Failed - MacOS Sierra

Post by ryanwms » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:37 am

Question 1: I didn't see a separate "update" installed to go from 1.0.0 to 1.0.10 - only the full (9GB) download. Is that correct?

Question 2: Upon running the install utility for 1.0.10, I continue to get an error that the Install Failed, and to contact the software manufacturer. It doesn't provide any more information than that. Help?

Thanks!

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: 1.0.10 Install Failed - MacOS Sierra

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:34 am

The updater from 1.0 to 1.0.10 is here.

Normally an installation failure is due to not being able to write files relating to the eLicenser. Make sure that none of your other applications that might be using the eLicenser are running. If all else fails, try restarting your computer and running the installation before you run any other applications after the reboot.

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:01 pm

This could very well be a mere "accident", but I'll share it anyway.

After a few failed attempts at installing version 1.0.10, I downloaded the lated version of the eLicenser. That did not help. I thought of re-booting, but, instead, I accidentally closed Chrome, the browser.

I decided to try installing one more time, before he re-boot. SWISH!! Installation complete! :shock: :)

One little "quirk":-
I then opened Dorico and followed the prompt to insert the activation code. After a smooth and successful activation, I was taken back to the little window prompting me to enter the activation code. I pressed, "retry" instead, and Dorico opened.

My christmas holidays are looking exciting! :D

FWIW, I'm on El Capitan.
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X El Sierra 10.12.4; Nuendo 7 + NEK, Sibelius 7.5, iPad Pro 13", Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00, (Dorico. Couldn't wait anymore. Started learning it).

Doug Miner

Post by Doug Miner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Dorico stopped playing. No sound and no response to transport commands. Deleted Dorico and all associated files and attempted to re-install from full installer. Installation failed. Was working perfectly before this happened on High Sierra which I am a beta tester for. How can I re-install? None of the abouve advice worked for me. Thanks.

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 pm

When installation fails, it's nearly always due to some eLicenser-related issues. I would suggest restarting your Mac and then running the installer again before you run any other applications on your computer.

Return to “Dorico”