Copy-paste barlines?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
LeifG

Copy-paste barlines?

Post by LeifG » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:14 pm

I just set a piece in open meter, but with bar lines scattered around for clarity - meaning I had to manually input quite a large number of bar lines. I created the first and tried to copy it, so that I could insert the rest as easily as possible. But it didn't work, as I apparently couldn't copy the bar line (or at least insert it). Is this expected behavior?

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: Copy-paste barlines?

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 pm

It is the expected behaviour, at least for now. You can insert new barlines either by typing Shift+B and then typing e.g. | into the popover for a normal barline, or you can select the note before which you want the barline to be inserted and click the appropriate button in the Bars and Barlines panel, but you can't copy and paste them.

LeifG

Re: Copy-paste barlines?

Post by LeifG » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:12 pm

If anyone should be interested, I realized that I can record a macro inputting a barline, then run last script to insert more. Since I have a shortcut for Run Last Script, it takes only one keystroke from now on. This function is very nice for repetitive actions, the best part being that the programming part consists of actually doing the task once. Couldn't be bore intuitive.

Return to “Dorico”