Organ / Keyboard Particularities

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Romanos401

Re: Organ / Keyboard Particularities

Post by Romanos401 »

Here's a link to a separate thread I started requesting a future update to the new line tool to add vertical curly braces.
viewtopic.php?f=246&t=178303
🎵 Director of Sacred Music, Organist, Choral Conductor, Composer; Adjunct Organ Instructor at Goshen College
💾 Dorico 3.5 pro, Noteperformer, Hauptwerk 5 Advanced, StudioOne pro 4.6, On1 2020, FinalCut Pro, Camtasia, Wavelab Elements
🖥 iMac w/32gb ram, MacMini w/16gb ram, Stream Deck (& SDXL), SaffirePro40, NuForce uDAC
🎹 Alesis VI 61, 3m Organ Console

chadstaten

Post by chadstaten »

Thanks for the tips regarding hiding empty organ staves.

For globally, I followed exactly what was indicated: Layout Options (Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-L) > Vertical Spacing > Hide Empty Staves and set to "After first system" or "Always".

I found the clue locally in Remove Staff. When I tried to add it again where there are notes, I got the error message: "The selected instrument is held by a section player. You can only add staves to instruments held by a solo player."

The organ *should* be a solo instrument, and not a section. It seems I had somehow added the organ as a "Section" instrument when I first started the score. I entered it as a "Solo" instrument below the existing organ lines to test this new discovery. Behold--hide empty staves is suddenly working! Ah, the learning curve from Sibelius is steep sometimes! Thanks for your help and patience.

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Post by Derrek »

You can create an empty solo player and drag your organ instrument from the section organ player to the solo organ player (and then delete the now-empty section organ player). That is likely the simplest way to make the transition.
Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3.3.1, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Return to “Dorico”